Which is Krueger`s 02/G6

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
realgeorge

Which is Krueger`s 02/G6

Post by realgeorge »

I have wanted to try one of Krueger`s Freebird O2-GL-G6 builds, but can`t find one on his Archive Index at http://www.lmhess.com/freebird/archive/. They all look alike to me. I did download one today, but it turned out to be an 02 G7. Can anyone help me identify a G6? Thing is, there is plenty of room on the page for the complete description of each build. I`ve now spent about an hour fooling around and downloading three builds- 2 were corrupted and no G6 yet. Help! :?
zab

Post by zab »

Pete
------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
realgeorge

02/G6/Non-SSE

Post by realgeorge »

Sorry zab, in my frustration I didn`t state that I need an 02/G6/Non-SSE for my PII. How did you find out the descriptions you posted from the Archine page? Is there something I`m missing here? Thanks for your help.
zab

Post by zab »

In Firefox go to the view menu and check that status bar is enabled, then hover your mouse over each link and the filename should be displayed in the status bar.

The only non SSE builds I can see are O2/G7 - try one and see if it works.

(later - oops you already have...)

In that case try one of the MozJF builds.
Pete
------
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
realgeorge

Hovered

Post by realgeorge »

Thanks zab, I had hovered over the links and expected to see an on page data display which never happened. I didn`t expected the data to be displayed in the status bar and I didn`t see it. Well, live and learn. EDIT: I did some more hovering and found that all of the ".exe" labeled builds are 02 GL builds which I think is the 02-GL-G6 Non-SSE build that I have been looking for. I`m downloading it now. Thanks again.
Krueger_Industrial

Post by Krueger_Industrial »

I have to clean out the archives occasionally so I don't run out of disk space on my hosting site. Since all my computers support SSE, the non-SSE are usually the first to go.

I haven't been doing many G6/non-SSE builds lately. I will add that to my automated build script and try to keep a few in the archive.