03-03-03 is up (windows is back)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Anyway, this is a very good build.
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

RIV@NVX wrote:Anyway, this is a very good build.

Worth upgrading from 0221 build? Are you using it? Your signature still shows 0221 :)
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

galapogos wrote:
RIV@NVX wrote:Anyway, this is a very good build.

Worth upgrading from 0221 build? Are you using it? Your signature still shows 0221 :)

Yes, because you can use right click on bookmarks, and it doesn't crash on creating new profile, and it is also a bit smaller.

Ooops, forgot to updated it.
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
HW71

Post by HW71 »

Well - I used this build the whole morning and surfed a lot - till now no crashes nor any problems encountered so far - but be aware: I don't use ANY extensions or something like that! So if you're using just PX without any additional stuff this seems to be a build you might want to give a try! :)

Unfortunately still in there is bug #182695 and also the ver annoying bug #184202 but if you don't use form autocomplete and don't use Windows NT 4.0 nor Windows 95 you'll be fine with it... ;)
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Nice build indeed, now all we need is to get that reload bug fixed!
SwampFan

Post by SwampFan »

Just tried it using the web installer - seems to work well. Bookmark context menu is back!

And THEN I installed Tabbed Browsing Extensions, closed the browser, and upon restart it crashed. Same error as a previous poster.

I'm sticking with 20030221 until a more stable build is released!
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

SwampFan wrote:And THEN I installed Tabbed Browsing Extensions, closed the browser, and upon restart it crashed. Same error as a previous poster.

The TBE thing is simple--a handle changed and the repair is straightforward. This is not an instability issue IMO.

galapagos wrote:Great...I'm still waiting for http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101190 to be fixed though

I don't know enough to address bug 101190.

Flii wrote:i was wondering this too.

Be brave.

I have pounded on it a little and it found it to be better than 20030227. I still get the "doesn't minimize sometimes" bug and I haven't d/l'ed every possible file type but they seem to work better, too. Quicktime embeds seem more stable. Memory climbs like 0227--I never saw this on 0224 or 0211. No duplicated bookmarks in new window but I always liked single window anyway.
peterthevicar

Post by peterthevicar »

mconnell wrote:Just did clean install with new profile on WinXP. Works O.K. untill I installed the Tab Browser Extension - now I can't start Phoenix at all. I get an Alert "Error launching browser window: no XBL binding for browser."

The fix that works for Linux seems to work for Windows too - see http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6774#50916

Thanks to noririty
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

peterthevicar wrote:The fix that works for Linux seems to work for Windows too - see http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6774#50916

Thanks to noririty

Yes. And to you for hosting the hacked file. I realized it is dumb to wonder whether it would work on windows since XPI files are not platform specific. We all install the same extension package.
SwampFan

Post by SwampFan »

Spewey wrote:
SwampFan wrote:And THEN I installed Tabbed Browsing Extensions, closed the browser, and upon restart it crashed. Same error as a previous poster.

The TBE thing is simple--a handle changed and the repair is straightforward. This is not an instability issue IMO.

I've installed the fix - thanks for pointing me in the right direction. At first, right after I replaced the .jar file and deleted the other two, I couldn't get it to work. Then I rebooted the computer, and all's well.

Thanks!
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Is it just me or has the download dialog improved? open with default application?
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Tom Sommer wrote:Is it just me or has the download dialog improved? open with default application?

Yes, weeks ago...