FreeBSD 5.2.1 [April 12 2004] (this one should work)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
nilson

FreeBSD 5.2.1 [April 12 2004] (this one should work)

Post by nilson »

I've finished my first (hopefully) successful FreeBSD 5.2.1 Firfox build from the Mozilla Soure tree (not ports).

I don't have a running X-Windows environment on my FreeBSD box, so I can not test.

The package size (tar.bz2) is ~12 MB. I am uploading now, and will be done in about one hour.

http://pryan.org/mozilla/firefox/nilson/
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Tried it, it askes for a newer version of gtk2. but I couldn't find a different packages in the 5-package-collections, tried the 4-package that wouldn't install. Tried symlinking the complete toolkit, wouldn't help, gives unresolved symbols. Any hints?

At first:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.400" not found
And a heap of other files.

After symlinking:
nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(libgkplugin.so) Load FAILED with error: ./libgtkxtbin.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_threads_lock"
nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(libwidget_gtk2.so) Load FAILED with error: ./libgtkxtbin.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_threads_lock"
Error: No running window found.
*** global extensions startup!
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

"Error: No running window found."

This is a known and recently fixed bug (both on trunk and mozilla 1.7 branch) ; it is bug 240174
MozJF
nilson

Post by nilson »

Bacchus wrote:Tried it, it askes for a newer version of gtk2. but I couldn't find a different packages in the 5-package-collections, tried the 4-package that wouldn't install. Tried symlinking the complete toolkit, wouldn't help, gives unresolved symbols. Any hints?

At first:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.400" not found
And a heap of other files.

After symlinking:
nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(libgkplugin.so) Load FAILED with error: ./libgtkxtbin.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_threads_lock"
nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(libwidget_gtk2.so) Load FAILED with error: ./libgtkxtbin.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_threads_lock"
Error: No running window found.
*** global extensions startup!
What version of gtk2 do you have? Mine is 2.4.something (whatever was in the ports tree a week or so ago)

I will recompile sometime soon.