The Official Win32 2004-04-13 build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Harm

Post by Harm »

metz2000 wrote:Just to be clear on it, what exactly is a regression? Something being taken out of the build?
A regression is something that used to work fine, but in a newer build it doesn't anymore.
God Bless America | Change We Can Believe In
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

Peter(6):

I'm with MozJF on the trunk/branch issue. Can you give me a reference that proves the nightlies have been switched over to MOZILLA_1_7_BRANCH ? Otherwise I expect them still be on the trunk (as per your link!) and it is very misleading to say these are branch builds.

Also, I think it is unlikely that FIREFOX_0_9_BRANCH will exist until 1.7 is out the door. That would change if Ben et al want to make changes that affect SeaMonkey and can't get traction so close to release.
djeter

Post by djeter »

sasquatch wrote:What about that long laundry list of patches? You know, the ones on djeter's builds.

??
Some of the patches in my builds are targeted to be fixed for 0.9, but most of them either do not have a target milestone or they are targeted to be fixed for 1.0 or afterwards.
Mozilla/5.0 ( Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre ) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre (djeter)
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

CrazyFred wrote:Peter(6):
I'm with MozJF on the trunk/branch issue. Can you give me a reference that proves the nightlies have been switched over to MOZILLA_1_7_BRANCH ? Otherwise I expect them still be on the trunk (as per your link!) and it is very misleading to say these are branch builds.
Also, I think it is unlikely that FIREFOX_0_9_BRANCH will exist until 1.7 is out the door. That would change if Ben et al want to make changes that affect SeaMonkey and can't get traction so close to release.

Proof beyond what was published on Mozillazine, no.
It was written that 0.9 and 1.0 would be based on Mozilla Suite 1.7 Milestone so all the checkins for Moz 1.8a and later do go into the FF tree but should not appear in any official nightlies.
Quite a few of those fixes/patches/implementations are about DOM and CSS and I don't really understand why those aren't checked into 1.7.
Untill one of the drivers explains what is really going on we won't know for ure I suppose.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

Those kind of patches (DeCOMtamination ones) are too high risk for 1.7 branch, in a developer point of view. I noticed that on every 1.something-Alpha phase, there is those kind of patches added.
MozJF
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

But they will appear in continued Firefox trunk builds, right?
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

Yes. But firefox trunk will be completely unuseful until firefox 1.0 is released.

Those "trunk builds" should be considered as very [5 minutes later] very early 1.0+ firefox builds.
MozJF
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Then I will use those, unless a significant disparity between the trunk and the quasi-1.7/0.9/1.0 branch begins to develop.
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

You're free to use any build you want to use :o)

I personally prefer to stay with mozilla 1.7 branch code, in order to offer stable and usable firefox and firefox+svg builds.
MozJF
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Whereas I want to live on the Subatomic Edge, and wish to stick with the trunk ;)
JanT

Post by JanT »

When using the right mouse button I get the popup:
"Copy"
"Select All"
"Search Web for"""
"View Selection Source"
instead of the normal popup.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

EDIT:
I get this in the /BEAST/ build, but not in MozJF's build or the latest nightly.

EDIT 2:
I don't know if you should file a bug for http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... lds/BEAST/ builds at all. These builds are most likely more Firefox 1.1 (although still branded 0.8.0+) and just build to keep up with Mozilla 1.8a.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
../frank

Post by ../frank »

JanT wrote:When using the right mouse button I get the popup:
"Copy"
"Select All"
"Search Web for"""
"View Selection Source"
Are you sure you don't accidentally have some text selected (maybe just one character) in the page?
../frank
My avatar cat, Mr. Gary Gray, passed away on 17 Oct 2013. RIP Gary! :cry:
JanT

Post by JanT »

../frank wrote:
"Copy"
"Select All"
"Search Web for"""
"View Selection Source"
Are you sure you don't accidentally have some text selected (maybe just one character) in the page?

I'm sure, it also happens in about:blank and "Copy" is grey.
When I select some text, "Copy" is black.
Kikujiro

Post by Kikujiro »

JanT wrote:
../frank wrote:
"Copy"
"Select All"
"Search Web for"""
"View Selection Source"

I'm sure, it also happens in about:blank and "Copy" is grey.
When I select some text, "Copy" is black.

Same here. When nothing selected on the page the right click menu shows only "copy, select allsearch web for, View Selection Source".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050317 Firefox/1.0.2