The Official Win32 2004-04-19 build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

If anyone can duplicate Georg's problem, please say so and include bug# if you know it or file a new one
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Bad_Seed

Post by Bad_Seed »

I can confirm #240811 bug here #-o
RickDB

Post by RickDB »

The latest nightly scragz builds(0417 and 0419) also crash when you enter something in a form(not always but i think it depends on how long it's runing) :(, crashes at the first letter and you see a empty pulldown menu for about 1-2 seconds and then poof it's gone(with the usual winxp error message)
Reverting to 0416 build because this one was running very nice, at least untill this red stuff clears up :P

PS: tried a fresh install+profile but that wasn't the problem with the newest builds.
djl47

Post by djl47 »

The first time I went here Quicktime Azkaban Trailer firefox locked and I had to kill the process. The second time I was able to play the trailer, when I hit the play button to play the trailer again Firefox crashed.

I have seen some other flakey behavior from today's build but have not narrowed any specific cause yet.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8a) Gecko/20040419 Firefox/0.8.0+
Installer to clean directory. Win2K SP4.
Dougieha

Post by Dougieha »

RickDB wrote:The latest nightly scragz builds(0417 and 0419) also crash when you enter something in a form(not always but i think it depends on how long it's runing) :(, crashes at the first letter and you see a empty pulldown menu for about 1-2 seconds and then poof it's gone(with the usual winxp error message)
Reverting to 0416 build because this one was running very nice, at least untill this red stuff clears up :P

PS: tried a fresh install+profile but that wasn't the problem with the newest builds.

I've experienced the same crashes on my own MS VS.NET2003 builds as well as the nightlies. Not sure what's causing this, but it doesn't always happen right away (i.e. I can enter several form fields on multiple pages just fine, and then all of a sudden it crashes on another field at random). Looks to be something with the AutoComplete type stuff. I'll take a peek here and see what I can come up with.

Dougieha
Jugalator

Post by Jugalator »

Peter(6) wrote:The Devs really MUST start doing something about these bugs now.
The trunk build are becoming useless to test and there are no checkins for branch builds either.

No, they don't have to do anything about this *now*...

They're checking in quite many risky changes at the moment -- give them some time to fix up the bugs. It was just 4 days since we had a decent nightly trunk build and you're already complaining... Jeez...
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Jugalator wrote:
Peter(6) wrote:The Devs really MUST start doing something about these bugs now.
The trunk build are becoming useless to test and there are no checkins for branch builds either.

No, they don't have to do anything about this *now*...

They're checking in quite many risky changes at the moment -- give them some time to fix up the bugs. It was just 4 days since we had a decent nightly trunk build and you're already complaining... Jeez...

We're complaining because the alarming increase in the number of bugs is preventing us from testing said risky changes in the first place. Some of us WANT to use these builds but can't because of the huge number of regressions.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

See modified head article please
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
killerbot

Post by killerbot »

Anyone noted this before : FireFox doesn't show xml correctly anymore, think this problem started somewhere last week.
Georg

Post by Georg »

The problem with typing something in the adressbar is still in the newest nightly, but i can type if i press one times the spacebar before.
Regards Georg
Firefox/1.0 de / Java 1.5.0_01 / WinXP Pro SP2
Arcor DSL 3000 / 384