8-Mar-2003 (linux) is up - no windows so far

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
RIV@NVX

8-Mar-2003 (linux) is up - no windows so far

Post by RIV@NVX »

Any comments?
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

Bah! No Windows? Well, I'm sure it's forthcoming in the next few days, at least. I don't think that there are any big changes that have been implmented on either the trunk or the branch, anyhow, but it's always nice to stay up to date. Besides, one of my outstanding issues with Phoenix managed to resolve itself, and that was the drab Options dialog. Turned out I needed to download the latest version of the Noia theme to get the pretty icons in there, and that made a whole lot of difference on the eyes.

Anyone know when the latest version of the Qute theme (or default, whatever) gets picked up in the branch? I haven't been able to download it for the last couple of days to see the new icons in the Options dialog, and when I try it takes forever to access the hosting site and the JAR won't install--it's just timing out, I think, with the status saying "Download Error".
Arctic Dragon

Post by Arctic Dragon »

The latest Linux builds have a slightly different Options panel. There are now images in its menu instead of just text.

That's the only difference I noticed.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Arctic Dragon wrote:The latest Linux builds have a slightly different Options panel. There are now images in its menu instead of just text.

That's the only difference I noticed.

Qute 1.0 is IN!
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

0.6 can't be that far away, *Does the dance of joy*
HW71

Post by HW71 »

Just downloaded Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030308 Phoenix/0.5 from scragz (see here) and except the problem with https-pages mentioned by scragz it seems to work pretty fine - the new coloured images in the options panel look very cool though they stay in contradiction to the grey-scaled details on the right side...
Additionally the bookmark-manager has new icons looking great!
RIV@NVX

WINDOWS IS BACK!

Post by RIV@NVX »

sensemann

Post by sensemann »

damn, I downloaded the windows version, but no matter how often I try.... Phoenix won't start up. It shows up in Task Manager, but it just doesn't open :(
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

sensemann wrote:damn, I downloaded the windows version, but no matter how often I try.... Phoenix won't start up. It shows up in Task Manager, but it just doesn't open :(

Delete your old profile.

Run it with -p switch and create new one.
tve

Post by tve »

HW71 wrote:Just downloaded Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030308 Phoenix/0.5 from scragz (see here) and except the problem with https-pages mentioned by scragz it seems to work pretty fine - the new coloured images in the options panel look very cool though they stay in contradiction to the grey-scaled details on the right side...

which new images in the options panel? I see no new ones, only see the new icons in the Bookmarks manager..

I see a very irritating and annoying black flash that flashes in my face each time I load a page or switch tabs... if it continues I'll go back to 03-04 :-/
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

tve wrote:
HW71 wrote:Just downloaded Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030308 Phoenix/0.5 from scragz (see here) and except the problem with https-pages mentioned by scragz it seems to work pretty fine - the new coloured images in the options panel look very cool though they stay in contradiction to the grey-scaled details on the right side...

which new images in the options panel? I see no new ones, only see the new icons in the Bookmarks manager..

I see a very irritating and annoying black flash that flashes in my face each time I load a page or switch tabs... if it continues I'll go back to 03-04 :-/

Yep, I avoid tab browsing with this one too.
Codeman

Post by Codeman »

Yes... I'm getting that black flash as well. And the bummer of all bummers for this build is that the hand over hyperlink bug is not fixed as it was supposed to be. I think I'll wait till the next build to re-open that bug.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Codeman wrote:Yes... I'm getting that black flash as well. And the bummer of all bummers for this build is that the hand over hyperlink bug is not fixed as it was supposed to be. I think I'll wait till the next build to re-open that bug.

Check about:config - it is even worse!
Codeman

Post by Codeman »

Also when installing or changing to a new theme when the current theme is the default (Qute) them it crashes. For instance.... installed Phoenity but it crashed as soon as I pressed OK after "Success". Open again, Phoenity appears in the themes options but when I select it Phoenix crashes again. When I restart Phoenity is now the current theme and I can install other themes no problem. However if I switch back to the default Phoenix or Qute theme we have problems.

[Edit... well I HAD it on a different theme. But switch back to the default theme now I can't select any other themes. Definitely some difficulties here.]
tve

Post by tve »

I switched back.. I feel dizzy by the black flashes 8)
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>