8-Mar-2003 (linux) is up - no windows so far

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

I swithced back too.
Way too much crashing for Phoenix.
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

tve wrote:I see a very irritating and annoying black flash that flashes in my face each time I load a page or switch tabs... if it continues I'll go back to 03-04 :-/

This is apparently a Mozilla bug. See:

http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewt ... highlight=
ehume

Post by ehume »

Neil Parks wrote:
tve wrote:I see a very irritating and annoying black flash that flashes in my face each time I load a page or switch tabs... if it continues I'll go back to 03-04 :-/

This is apparently a Mozilla bug.
Yup. Just downloaded the Win32 2003-03-08 Moz build. Same problem as my 2003-03-08 Px build.

Edit: Aha! Here's the problem: the 2003-03-08 Moz build lists itself as 1.4a, not 1.3b. I have a copy of the 1.3 release candidate. It lists itself as plain 1.3.

So, we're now back to destabilizing influences from Mozilla for the next five weeks at least, during the Moz 1.4 alpha phase. I guess we shouldn't complain, since Px is still in alpha itself. But it means that if we want to do any bug reporting for the next month and a half, we really should have a same-day Moz build for comparison.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030308 Phoenix/0.5

Why it still identifies as 1.3b when it uses 1.4a (flickering and some pages rendering proves it)?
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
seb

Post by seb »

Because the all.js hasn't been patched yet. See bug 186680.