10-03-03 Win32 build up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
AGSHender

10-03-03 Win32 build up

Post by AGSHender »

What the HECK is that flashing? I got a headache just from loading my start page. I got my copy to run unlike the 08-03-03 build, which didn't go even with a new profile. Unfortunately, it has the flashing problem as it loads a page, so I switched back to the 04-03-03 build. Any different experiences or bug reports for any of you other bleeding edge types?
helo

Post by helo »

It also flashes for me on WinXP.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030310 Phoenix/0.5

The flashing is <a href=http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196308>Bug 196308</a>
faxmaster

Post by faxmaster »

I'm getting flashes also. It also breaks autoscroll and gesture extensions, but I like the icons in the option menu.
Just the fax, ma'am.
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

I guess I'll wait a few more days for this to get fixed, I am still on 02-21 build.

Btw how do recent nightlies compare to 02-21?

Gena01
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Gena01 wrote:I guess I'll wait a few more days for this to get fixed, I am still on 02-21 build.

Btw how do recent nightlies compare to 02-21?

Gena01

03-04 is better IMHO.
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
tve

Post by tve »

the black flashing has already been reported several times - its a Mozilla bug:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196308
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Still flickers, still crashes when chaning theme.
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
ckjnigel

Shudderer, shaker rocks!

Post by ckjnigel »

For me, at least. Gotta think the video problems vary in severity by graphics card. For my WinMe notebook with a "classic" ATI Rage card, this is one of the best builds this year.
Off topic here, I know, but I worry that hardware and driver incompatibility problems may go undetected if builds are so daringly bleeding edge that few crash test dummies dare use them. Asa, I recall, reported once that many thousands of test builds need to be in use to assemble useful top crasher lists.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

The 10/3 still has the same problems with javascripts as the 8/3 had. The 4/3 works ok.
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Actually I wanted to ask this, regarding the nightlies... I have been looking at how to add "Languages" from the preferences. And it seems that they are missing in Phoenix. However recently I stumbled into "View->Character Coding->Customise" which seems to show the language encodings. I don't know it just seems that this kind of a feature is not easy to find or is it just me?

Gena01
Chris Cook

Re: 10-03-03 Win32 build up

Post by Chris Cook »

AGSHender wrote:What the HECK is that flashing? I got a headache just from loading my start page. I got my copy to run unlike the 08-03-03 build, which didn't go even with a new profile. Unfortunately, it has the flashing problem as it loads a page, so I switched back to the 04-03-03 build. Any different experiences or bug reports for any of you other bleeding edge types?

What the heck is that ^ date format?
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: 10-03-03 Win32 build up

Post by Alex Bishop »

Chris Cook wrote:
AGSHender wrote:What the HECK is that flashing? I got a headache just from loading my start page. I got my copy to run unlike the 08-03-03 build, which didn't go even with a new profile. Unfortunately, it has the flashing problem as it loads a page, so I switched back to the 04-03-03 build. Any different experiences or bug reports for any of you other bleeding edge types?

What the heck is that ^ date format?

dd-mm-yy?
Alex
Arctic Dragon

Post by Arctic Dragon »

Mozilla has had the 'flashing' bug for several days now, which Phoenix inherited. I like the improved Options panel, though.
And since at least since the 03/08 build (when I first noticed it), load images from the originating Web site only finally works. :D
Gimik

DHTML bug

Post by Gimik »

I don't know how new this bug is, or if it has been reported yet; but a little redundancy never hurt. It seems some part of DHTML support is broken in 10/03/03 (it may have been broken in 08/03/03 but I am unable to run it to check). If you want a specific example of a broken page, go to http://www.shacknews.com/, click the Comments in a news item, go to options, and then change to DThread and enable Message Popup. The message popup no longer works.
seb

Post by seb »

Arctic Dragon wrote:And since at least since the 03/08 build (when I first noticed it), load images from the originating Web site only finally works. :D
It's been fixed since a week or so.