2003-03-13 Win32 build is up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
AGSHender

2003-03-13 Win32 build is up

Post by AGSHender »

And yet another round of testing begins. I was able to successfully install mouse gestures today, though I used the link on the Phoeenix Extensions page on texturizer.net instead of the OptiMoz page at MozDev. I'd been using that link yesterday when I had trouble getting gestures to work, so that seems to do the trick.

Other change I noticed is that the version of Gecko listed in the about page is now 1.4a.

I was able to put in AdBlock and a few MyCroft search links. Anyone having any troubles?
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Hm... Just installed it on win2k too... still playing with it..

Some warning in JavaScript console when you start it up:
Error: gBrowser has no properties
and I also got:
Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property Function.referrer

Which is rather interesting.... now off to install some themes...

Gena01
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

I've got it going now, too. TBE works, I can't manage to learn Gestures. It read favicons from my old cache after I edited the fresh prefs.js to point to it. I didn't know I could do that but never tried before. New Stop icon. Customize toolbars came off without a hitch. I don't want to mess with themes just yet....
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Ok, just went and installed Noia... looks and works great so far...

P.S. somehow I had the old phoenixhelp page bookmarked.. and it's kinda outdated... http://phoenixhelp.cjb.net still shows the old page, while the new one is at http://www.texturizer.net/phoenix/

Gena01
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

The version of mouse gestures linked from the Phoenix extensions page was too tweaky for me, so I went back to v0.3.3 found on the Mozilla site somewhere. The link to it, if you're having trouble, is is the 2003-03-12 build topic.

Theme switching works flawlessly for me. I was able to switch between Qute (default) and Noia with no crashes or even a graphical glitch.
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Just noticed something. Is Noia (unknown version in the theme description, but I guess 0.6) missing Javascript console icons?

Gena01
old Neil Parks

Mar 13 under Win ME

Post by old Neil Parks »

With Mar 13 I can switch back and forth between Pinball and default (Phoenix) theme.

Splash still doesn't work.

Googlebar looks a bit messed up in both Mar 12 and Mar 13. In both, the up-directory button is separated to far from its dropdown arrow. And an extra text-find button appears which has the odd effect (when clicked) of making all the word-associated text-find buttons disappear.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5

Interesting - 1.4a :)
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
cdaledave

Post by cdaledave »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b; MultiZilla v1.1.34 (d)) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5

I just installed less than an hour ago. How'd you get 1.4a?
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

cdaledave wrote:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b; MultiZilla v1.1.34 (d)) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5

I just installed less than an hour ago. How'd you get 1.4a?

Beats me. My browser string says "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5". I have no idea why they're dissimilar.
Codeman

Post by Codeman »

Installed five minutes ago picked up my current profile from the 2003-03-12 build just fine... just had to reinstall mouse gestures (actually the only extension I'm using so probably this applies to other extensions as well).

BTW, my user string is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5.
seb

Post by seb »

FYI, the changes specific to Phoenix are the version bump to 1.4a in the UA, and the return of TypeAhead Find enabled by default (no more need to have the pref to enable it in your user.js).
zengiman

Post by zengiman »

seems very quick, still no autoscroll..

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030313 Phoenix/0.5
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

I have a question about scrolling that I have forgotten about. If I left-click on the scrollbar and drag the cursor off the main window (--> desktop) and then right-click and let go of both I get to scroll with the mouse movement without holding the button. This worked in Moz 1.0 IIRC. What is this feature called, where is it documented, and is it configurable?

Autoscroll bugs me because I only have 2 buttons+wheel and I expect the wheel-click to open a new tab no matter what app I'm in. Thx Px.
Nemec

Post by Nemec »

Autoscroll extension didn't fight with the middle click functionality.
I used middle click on links to open link in a new window and
to auto-scroll everywhere else. Now (with 03-13) only the first feature is possible.
:-(
Otherwise this looks like a great build.