2003-03-16 Win32 build goodness

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Infested Cats

Post by Infested Cats »

Rand23 wrote:Autoscroll doesn't seem to be working at all. Or at least none of the <i>features</i>. <a href="http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3088">Bug 3088</a> exhibits itself, but middle clicking does nothing. Can anyone confirm this?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b; StumbleUpon.com) Gecko/20030316 Phoenix/0.5

I also experiance the same problem. I'm installing the autoscroll from http://autoscroll.mozdev.org/
AtomB

Post by AtomB »

i thought i read in another thread that installing that autoscroll it wouldn't work. i have the All-In-One extension installed(which includes autoscroll) and autoscroll is working just fine.
Keith

Post by Keith »

DOACleric wrote:Aww, it broke something that 03-14-2003 finally fixed!

Goto www.spymac.com, and goto the forums section. Everytime that "intercepted messages" box on the right side of the screen loads, Phoenix does a pagedown. It gets very annoying after a while. 03/14 finally fixed it, and not 03/16 broke it again. Oh well, back to 03/14.

Overall, 03/16 did feel a bit faster. Or maybe i'm just crazy.

I think that would be this bit of code in the page:

Code: Select all

<td align=center><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
         <tr><script language="Javascript">
         <!--
         var isIE = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1) ? true : false;   
         var isWin = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Windows") != -1) ? true : false;
         var isMac = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") != -1) ? true : false;
         if(isIE) { document.write('<td><iframe scrolling="no" src="../shoutbox/shout.list.php" width=158 height=498 frameborder=0 name="liste"><a href="../shoutbox/shout.list.php">View the shoutbox</a></iframe></td>'); }
         else { document.write('<td><iframe scrolling="no" src="../shoutbox/shout.list.php#bottom" width=158 height=498 frameborder=0 name="liste"><a href="../shoutbox/shout.list.php#bottom">View the shoutbox</a></iframe></td>');}
         //--></script>

As far as I can tell this sets the src of the Intercepted Messages table to "shout.list.php#bottom" which jumps to the bottom of the messages--the same spot that Phoenix jumps to. I'm not sure if this is standard behavior, so maybe some one with more knowledge about this can chime in.

Edit..
Come to think of it, since 3-14 broke the jump to #'s, this probably wasn't "fixed" in 3-14...
ehume

Post by ehume »

Rand23 wrote:Autoscroll doesn't seem to be working at all. Or at least none of the <i>features</i>. <a href="http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=3088">Bug 3088</a> exhibits itself, but middle clicking does nothing. Can anyone confirm this?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b; StumbleUpon.com) Gecko/20030316 Phoenix/0.5
I saw a comment somewhere that the latest builds don't work with autoscroller, but that they work with the autoscroller included in the all-in-one extension.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

AtomB wrote:yeah i'm happy that bug is fixed as well. one issue i've found is that with both Noia and Noia-Warm the .MNG throbber i used is not working all the time. in fact it will only work once and then stops functioning. :(

Yeah, I see that happening to me too. I'm using Noia at this time. The throbber only slightly flashes once when a new page gets loaded, and that's all it does.
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
Nuclear Rabbit

broken stuff w/ 0316

Post by Nuclear Rabbit »

ok I use lots of extensions and from what ive played around with heres what doesnt work:

Tab Downloader 2.02
------The URL Interceptor within Tab Downloader (Which I totally love)
------Tab Downloader just makes a folder and doesnt even download or close the pictures
chrisgeleven

Post by chrisgeleven »

Been using this build all night and have not encountered any bugs. Very solid build and no crashes.
Mgz

Post by Mgz »

chrisgeleven wrote:Been using this build all night and have not encountered any bugs. Very solid build and no crashes.

same here :D

it seems to me that 0.6 is very near ;)
Please forgive me for my poor English
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

I can confirm the bug with autoscroll. But when you middleclick on the scrollbar you can see a little bitte of the circle from autoscroll.
doh

Post by doh »

Another nice build! Getting better every day.

Lucky,

Did you try autoscroll in the all-in-one extension? It works in that extension.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

Mgz wrote:
chrisgeleven wrote:Been using this build all night and have not encountered any bugs. Very solid build and no crashes.

same here :D

it seems to me that 0.6 is very near ;)

Is this bug http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=197227 still reproducible?
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
rehabdoll

Post by rehabdoll »

Mouse Gestures didnt seem to work (0.3.5). It didnt work in some previous builds either. Is this a Bug, or perhaps a change in the phoenix code?
doh

Post by doh »

rehabdoll wrote:Mouse Gestures didnt seem to work (0.3.5). It didnt work in some previous builds either. Is this a Bug, or perhaps a change in the phoenix code?

You shoud try the older version of mouse gestures or the one included in the All-in-One gestures.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Old gestures worked for me :)
cdaledave

Post by cdaledave »

What is this all-in-one extension of which you speak?