2003-03-23 is up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
seb

Post by seb »

Web search normally uses Google.
Besides, mcic1984, this is a problem with the search.netscape.com server, not with Phoenix, as you can read from the error message that you gave. Basically, it's a 404 Page not found error message.
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

The popup-blocker ignores white-list?!

And the "Unblock Site" button doesn't work when clicking the popup-blocked icon?!
Mgz

Post by Mgz »

sheesh :(

Open Link in a new Tab doesn't work if it is an image :(

text works fine :(

just test with the Reply button in Mozillazine :(
Please forgive me for my poor English
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

It seems that everything related to the dropdown menu when right-clicking on an image does not work.....
pagemap

Post by pagemap »

a bug that I thought was long gone has resurfaced. When I hold the mouse over a link it highlights for a second, then goes back to looking the way it did before I held my house over it. It also does this when I click on a menu item such as tool, options for example. In this instance 'options' will be highlighted for a brief time and then goes back to the way it was before I held my mouse over it. Just a minor cosmetic annoyance.
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Geez, this looks like a really buggy build, I think I'll pass...
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

galapogos wrote:Geez, this looks like a really buggy build, I think I'll pass...

FYI, I have gone back to the 2003-03-20 build, which seems to be working well.
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

daihard wrote:
galapogos wrote:Geez, this looks like a really buggy build, I think I'll pass...

FYI, I have gone back to the 2003-03-20 build, which seems to be working well.

I'm current only that build too...haven't found a compelling reason to switch some there doesn't seem to be any major bugfixes or speed/memory improvements.
seb

Post by seb »

Tom Sommer wrote:It seems that everything related to the dropdown menu when right-clicking on an image does not work.....

The whole context-menu seems to be broken.
It has been reported as http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198929
seb

Post by seb »

Tom Sommer wrote:The popup-blocker ignores white-list?!

And the "Unblock Site" button doesn't work when clicking the popup-blocked icon?!

Aaah, another funny thing. You also can't remove a site from the white list. Actually, when you click "remove site", then OK, and reopen the Options panel, the site is back in the white-list.
I will file a bug on this after a bit more testing.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

I´m also back at the "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030321 Phoenix/0.5"
version since the version from the 23:rd seeme to have problems with handling cookies. I had to block cookies from sites that was supposed to be blocked already - over and over. Back to the version from the 21:th and everything was fine again.
seb

Post by seb »

Netsabes wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:The popup-blocker ignores white-list?!

I will file a bug on this after a bit more testing.
Here: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198941

Tom, even if busted, the white list seems to work here (at least, sites already in it don't block popups).
Does the contrary still happen to you? (feel free to comment in the bug if yes).
seb

Post by seb »

Dunderklumpen wrote:I´m also back at the "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030321 Phoenix/0.5"
version since the version from the 23:rd seeme to have problems with handling cookies. I had to block cookies from sites that was supposed to be blocked already - over and over. Back to the version from the 21:th and everything was fine again.
That was bug 198829, which is now fixed (the fix will appear in the next build).
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Either they changed the behaviour of popup-blocking.... or it is busted

if you white-list x.com, then popups on z.x.com will get blocked, before 20030323 z.x.com was also white-listed when x.com was
seb

Post by seb »

They didn't change anything intentionaly, since there's been no work done on Phoenix for a while.
I'm not sure that sub-domains were white-listed too. I'll reinstall a previous nightly and test it.