The Official Win32 20040531 [Br/Tr] builds are out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Continue on the <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=81139">the 2004-06-01 thread</a> please
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

couldabeen wrote:John, before you give up on this, try the profile manager with .exe -ProfileWizard.
That is what I had to do in a test of one of the latest builds ( about 05-25-2004 ) in order to create a profile I could actually use with it.

Interesting, thanks, it worked. Alas, however, I still cannot use Firefox.Exe -ProfileManager to start Firefox.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Waldo wrote:It's already a known issue, and it's been fixed on the trunk, I believe. Don't worry about it - we know it exists, and filing a bug isn't really necessary.

Except without one, it might get forgotten and fall through the cracks with bigger things on the front burner.
Waldo

Post by Waldo »

sasquatch wrote:
Waldo wrote:It's already a known issue, and it's been fixed on the trunk, I believe. Don't worry about it - we know it exists, and filing a bug isn't really necessary.

Except without one, it might get forgotten and fall through the cracks with bigger things on the front burner.

For nearly any other bug I'd say you're right.

For this one, however, you're wrong. Why? It's not a bug that Ben, bsmedberg, bryner, mconnor, or some other higher-up has to fix. It's a superficial bug in a component that requires almost no traditional programming knowledge (C, C++, assembler, etc.) - Help is primarily XHTML, CSS, JS, XUL, and a little knowledge of creating and activating overlays. I'd bet nearly any extension coder could fix the problem given ten minutes of time to familiarize himself with the layout of the source code (probably quicker with the DOM Inspector).

The primary reason I say you're wrong, however, is because Help is where I do my little part to make Firefox better, and this issue is on the front burner - for me. There are no bigger issues in the short-term. Most of the current Help issues are things that require a little extra time (and thus have slightly lower priority), and for those there's a bug list (to which I will refer and have referred stuff). For the über-trivial issues such as this (it's adding ONE CHARACTER to a line), however, I can make it a top priority and get it ironed out ASAP. (Also, if it's a mozilla.org-only problem, the primary Help dev, R.J. Keller, has CVS write access, which makes things go a whole lot easier.) A bug for such an issue merely wastes time by requiring fiddling that takes more time than fixing the bug itself.

(The bug was fixed today in mozilla.org code anyways, so the specific example is now moot.)