2003-03-29 Is up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Can´t see much change since 20030328. Looks pretty stable. Handling cookies alright, tabs and pages working ok. A good build it seemes.
nilson

Post by nilson »

I want to see a screenshot please.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.8ung.at/bwcworld/bookmark.jpg

There you can see all my seperators in two groups. But I have made them normally between the folders there.
Last edited by Lucky on March 30th, 2003, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
seb

Post by seb »

This bookmark bug (and well, most bookmark bugs that happened recently) is http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
jadkins

Post by jadkins »

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but after I remove the search bar when customizing my browser toolbar, whenever I click to drop down the address bar to see previous locations it isn't alligned propery with the original address bar.
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

My guess would be that every day a build is.... built

If the build cannot compile, then it won't be released

Perhaps a build is also only released if changes has been commited to the CVS, but I'm not sure
wget

Post by wget »

Lucky wrote:Here is a screenshot:
img http://www.8ung.at/bwcworld/bookmark.jpg

Woah! That file is enormous and yet the image still manages to be 100% unintelligible. 8)

Here's a great site that outlines the differences between the various image formats used on the inter-web. I suggest you give it a read as it's quite informative. It'll tell you why .jpg is a bad choice when compressing images such as the above.

You should also remember to use a bicubic resampling method when you attempt to resize such images. If you don't, they'll come out bad and murky.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

jadkins wrote:Not sure if it has been mentioned before but after I remove the search bar when customizing my browser toolbar, whenever I click to drop down the address bar to see previous locations it isn't alligned propery with the original address bar.

This is a long standing bug. The workaround is to have "Something" to the right of the address bar. The something can be a space, the throbber, the search bar, or any button you wish from the customize menu. The only thing that doesn't work is using the flexible space, unless (for me at least) you use three or four of them.
nilson

Post by nilson »

Actually, the screenshot is not a jpeg image as the extension suggests, but a bitmap. I do see the problem with the spacers. It is also in the 28<sup>th</sup> build. Im guessing that the major bookmarks overhaul in Mozilla had to do with this.
wget

Post by wget »

nilson wrote:Actually, the screenshot is not a jpeg image as the extension suggests, but a bitmap.

Hmm. I guess that would explain the filesize. I don't understand why Gecko renders it then considering that the mimetype is image/jpeg.

My compression advice still applies though. Bmp isn't meant for the web.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.
Mgz

Post by Mgz »

off-topic
sheesh!

even lastest IE doesn't display correctly 32bit PNG

crap

:(

and for MNG, the story about the egg and the chicken continue =/

webmaster : I don't want to use MNG, 99.99% my visitor can't see it
developer of @!$^#$# : we are not gonna support MNG, 99,99% website didn't use it

CRAP

/off-topic

I'm still stick with Gecko/20030328, this built is OK with me, my next update is built 1-4-2003 ;) (fool day , ;_)
Please forgive me for my poor English
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

Since someone asked, I'll tell you why these threads are made every day. Yes, it gluts the forum with some of the same stuff every day, but I think it's necessary and better than what we were doing before. I started posting new build notices a couple weeks ago since people would focus on single issues and get confused in the threads about what build had what problems. With a new thread every day about specific builds, we can focus on build-specific issues, and people can read the daily threads to find out if certain bugs have been resolved that weren't in BugZilla. And if someone wants to upgrade from an older build, reading the daily thread or a previous one will let them know which one is relatively stable.

I think that while we end up with a lot of similar looking posts in the forum, this works a lot better for what we're doing with Phoenix.
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

zengiman wrote:this build seems to be the same as 28-03

the trunk is frozen for the mozilla 1.4alpha release. only two changes between 0328 and 0329 - one of them was a crash in embedded gecko stuff, and the other was specific to freebsd, so the phoenix builds are effectively identical.

the 20030330 build will probably be pretty much identical as well - there's a few hours to go, but so far only thing that has changed is a fix for bug 199159 ("chrome not repainting").
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

I don't know that paint made bitmaps for jpg. Now I have found a new program, which can made screenshots an made jpgs not bitmaps. Sorry for that big screenshot. :)

And I am not a graphic artist. I made pictures in .jpg because I have read that this fileformat is good for the web. If someone can tell me a good format, the next screenshots would be get that format. :)
Chris Cook

Post by Chris Cook »

Lucky wrote:The screenshot is made with Paint from M$. :|
With the print button and Ctrl+V.... :) I call it "...jpg" But normally I think its a bitmap?

But what is wrong with it? I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean the quality? Yes thats right, but why you want a very good quality. You always should see the bug and that you can on this screen.

And I am not a graphic man. I made pictures in .jpg because I have read that this fileformat is good for the web. If someone can tell me a good format, the next screenshots would be get that format. :)

Bitmaps (BMP) are uncompressed and are, therefore, generally not appropriate as web media. Make sure that you are saving your images as jpeg and not just typing the extension. If this doesn't work then you should really use a different program. There are plenty of free alternatives.