2003-04-15 Linux is here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
seb

2003-04-15 Linux is here

Post by seb »

For you Linux build freaks: http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/phoenix/n ... gnu.tar.gz

There has been some big commits lately on the CVS (by Hyatt and bryner), but they don't seem to be related to any bug (or at least to any bug I know).
I'm curious to know what has changed in this build.

Btw, can someone confirm that http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198941 is fixed? I know it is fixed on Windows, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Linux users to resolve it.
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

There has been A LOT of Gecko and Mozilla Browser checkins as well

For a list of Phoenix (Firebird) specific checkins, look here: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ... ckins.html
Last edited by Tom Sommer on April 15th, 2003, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Hmmn, if its fixed, how come its still listed as "reopened"? Wouldn't the particular programmer that fixed the bug confirm the fix and then mark it as "resolved fixed" before submitting the build for release?
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Thats why seb is asking, to confirm it is fixed..... read
seb

Post by seb »

galapogos wrote:Hmmn, if its fixed, how come its still listed as "reopened"? Wouldn't the particular programmer that fixed the bug confirm the fix and then mark it as "resolved fixed" before submitting the build for release?
Please read entire posts before posting:
seb wrote: I know it is fixed on Windows, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Linux users to resolve it.
pr0c

Re: 2003-04-15 Linux is here

Post by pr0c »

seb wrote:Btw, can someone confirm that http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198941 is fixed? I know it is fixed on Windows, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Linux users to resolve it.

WFM Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030415 Phoenix/0.5+

I don't know all the current problems with bookmarks but....
1.) Drag n Drop still does not work
2.) Bookmarks side bar includes those wierd spacer lines

Any other questions?

edit: by the way, i tried a new profile as well as using the old.
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

seb wrote:
galapogos wrote:Hmmn, if its fixed, how come its still listed as "reopened"? Wouldn't the particular programmer that fixed the bug confirm the fix and then mark it as "resolved fixed" before submitting the build for release?
Please read entire posts before posting:
seb wrote: I know it is fixed on Windows, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Linux users to resolve it.

Yeah I did read the entire post. I guess I just wasn't sure what the procedure for bug fix submissions were.
valyag

Re: 2003-04-15 Linux is here

Post by valyag »

seb wrote:Btw, can someone confirm that http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=198941 is fixed? I know it is fixed on Windows, but I'm waiting for some feedback from Linux users to resolve it.

'Unblock site' adds site to popup whitelist and 'Options/Privacy/Popups' buttons work as expected.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030415 Phoenix/0.5+
seb

Post by seb »

Thanks for the feedback valyag and pr0c.
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

They just closed that bug, hurray!
- Paul
PiGuy

Post by PiGuy »

What the crap - this build, like so many others, won't even start for me. 'phoenix' and './run-mozilla ./phoenix-bin' both do nothing, and 'phoenix-bin' runs mozilla. Am I missing some newfangled library or something? 20030401 works fine for me, but a 20030402 Xft build I have has the same problems as this one, and I think perhaps another, earlier build had the same problem. This is extremely annoying, as no error message is given; it just dies.
smkatz

Post by smkatz »

try ./phoenix.

Please post in another thread "another way to run phoenix" with your distro and I think we might be able to help.

Sam
PiGuy

Post by PiGuy »

Can't find that thread, at least not in this distribution and architecture.

I had tried './phoenix'. Same thing happens. I'm just using a mix of the current Debian testing and unstable branches, and all previous builds have worked fine. I'm building my own right now, so I'll see how that goes.
ds-x

Post by ds-x »

PiGuy wrote:Can't find that thread, at least not in this distribution and architecture.

I had tried './phoenix'. Same thing happens. I'm just using a mix of the current Debian testing and unstable branches, and all previous builds have worked fine. I'm building my own right now, so I'll see how that goes.

Were you ever able to get Phoenix to run? I'm experiencing the same problem. A build I made without Xft from the day before will run fine, but build the next day with Xft launches and then exits with no error messages.

-Alex
PiGuy

Post by PiGuy »

I just compiled 20030417 without Xft, and it runs fine. I'm going to try compiling it with Xft next, and see what happens.