04/23 Win32 Nightly Built is up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
AtomB

Post by AtomB »

jadkins wrote:I did a clean install of yesterday's build and another clean install for today's. With both of them I cannot get any themes to install. I click to download the theme, it asks if I want to install, the normal process goes through but it is never listed on the themes menu in the preferences. Anyone else having this issue?

when it asks you to install it are you leaving the check box for use this theme checked? if so try unchecking it when you install the theme.
fbddk

Post by fbddk »

sunil-online wrote:I'm not "on the database's side," I never even knew such a thing existed, but putting the tm sign in the titlebar is quite immature. First of all, there's enough not-so-good press that we "stole a name". Second, we're using this tm mark as if we're pointing in their face saying, "Haha. We have legal rights no matter what you say." Also, what other program, if any, has a tm mark in their titlebar? It's fine in logos, but even M$ doesn't write tm in IE's titlebar. Then again, their are the links AOL somehow gets to your desktop that say "Install AOL Instant Messenger (sm)," but that's still not in the titlebar.

Also, for the record, I think it would look best to just write "Mozilla Firebird". It looks much more professional. We are past the "cookies are delicious delicacies" stage in development!

Hate to admit it because I really like the trademark sign, but you really have a good point here.
fbddk

Re: Hang after download

Post by fbddk »

tolremeno wrote:
aebrahim wrote:After downloading this file:

http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing ... etinst.iso

On 99%, Phoenix hangs, 2 out of 2 tries.

i had it do the same thing, except on 98%, when i was downloading tbe, but when i closed the download window, tbe was on my desktop and worked just fine (this was before fb help got straightened out, that's why i was downloading it to desktop).

I kinda have this problem for a couple of builds also allthough I haven't really considered it beeing a big one because it just seems like the download window needs a little time to realize that the download is complete; when it gets to 99% in the download window and 100% in the download windows titlebar it hangs a while before it closes. So for me its just a matter of a little patience.

----
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6
Tony Dodd

Post by Tony Dodd »

It seems much smoother using the up down scroll arrows to move through a web page. The 20030320 build seemed a bit jumpy for me.
Nice build!
Want a free Gmail email account? PM me...
softexpert

Post by softexpert »

I still cannot login on hotmail site ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6

And

Code: Select all

javascript:window.close();
does not work ...
Anyone tried to add smilies (not for fun - just for testing javascript) ?

softexpert
pinku

Post by pinku »

well it WFM...

and hey i connect thrgh a squid proxy coz i read someone complaining their SSL not working with MS Proxy

my build

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird/0.6

I removed Browser coz i dont like it.. ;)
Path to Sucess is plain and simple, Err,err and err again, Less, less and less each time
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

softexpert wrote:

Code: Select all

javascript:window.close();
does not work ...

IIRC, that's a tech evangelism bug.
(meaning it shouldn't work, cause it's improper code)
I'm nice
zengiman

Post by zengiman »

zengiman wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:
This extension is not suported by your browser. Tried it again with another extension: still the same message. Not fixed (for me anyway) Maybe I should make a brandnew profile?

Try reloading the page and if it still doesn't work, check your ua string.

Tried this build at work and oh wonder now it works flawlessly. No idea why though. Looks like it's fixed by the extensions guy because I get routed to another extensionspage. Thanks anyway, love this build sofar.
Gvbhahakrrmpo

Desktop Wallpaper

Post by Gvbhahakrrmpo »

"Set as Wallpaper" isn't working for me.
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

according to the latest checkins the name was altered to 'Mozilla Firebird' ... so stop arguing about the TMs and wait for the next build.... we'll see how it looks there :)
DaTTa

Re: Hang after download

Post by DaTTa »

aebrahim wrote:After downloading this file:

http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing ... etinst.iso

On 99%, Phoenix hangs, 2 out of 2 tries.

I'm having a similar problem downloading some files (a couple of .avi, but I can't remember the link)
When the progress bar reached 99% a beautiful "The aplication ... generated an error" window showed up.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6
[DaTTa]
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

jadkins wrote:I did a clean install of yesterday's build and another clean install for today's. With both of them I cannot get any themes to install. I click to download the theme, it asks if I want to install, the normal process goes through but it is never listed on the themes menu in the preferences. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having this problem too, weird.
pinku

Post by pinku »

zengiman wrote:
zengiman wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:
This extension is not suported by your browser. Tried it again with another extension: still the same message. Not fixed (for me anyway) Maybe I should make a brandnew profile?

Try reloading the page and if it still doesn't work, check your ua string.

Tried this build at work and oh wonder now it works flawlessly. No idea why though. Looks like it's fixed by the extensions guy because I get routed to another extensionspage. Thanks anyway, love this build sofar.

The problem was earlier due to some sort of UA checking or verification by the Fb help site....djst fixed it so now it works with the new UA
Path to Sucess is plain and simple, Err,err and err again, Less, less and less each time
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

PaulS wrote:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6

Getting a lot of crashes, normally when loading a lot of images into tabs. Fresh install + directory. Haven't found a reproducable crash just yet, but i'll look into it. Also, the download bug still exists - Often the download window will stop updating at 90-ish %, yet the download does actually finish. This was mentionned on here recently, but i can't remember if there was a bug filed or not.

Managed to reproduce it - Find a direct link to an image (NOT a .html - it has to be the actual .jpg) and open it in a new tab. Before it completes loading (for example, 1/4 of the way down) close the tab (i do it by pressing the mouse wheel button - and i've only tested it that way, so you may have different mileage).

It happens on a number of different sites, but here's just one example: http://www.cncseries.com/images/picture ... lease1.jpg

Damn annoying, and didn't happen in any of the previous nightlies from March and before.
- Paul
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

PaulS wrote:Managed to reproduce it - Find a direct link to an image (NOT a .html - it has to be the actual .jpg) and open it in a new tab. Before it completes loading (for example, 1/4 of the way down) close the tab (i do it by pressing the mouse wheel button - and i've only tested it that way, so you may have different mileage).

It happens on a number of different sites, but here's just one example: http://www.cncseries.com/images/picture ... lease1.jpg

Damn annoying, and didn't happen in any of the previous nightlies from March and before.

Just tried it with that link, no crash. I'll check it out with some pron. ;)

edit: still works