04/23 Win32 Nightly Built is up

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
wheerdam

Tabbrowser

Post by wheerdam »

Okay, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6

Dloaded it, clean install, new profile. Then I installed Tabbrowser extension. I set up my tabbrowsing settings:

-. Behavior on tabbar: Double-click brings new tab and ctrl+click reload all of the tabs.
-. Behavior on tabs: Double-click close tab, ctrl+click reload the tab.

Then OK, OK. When I get to the Tabbrowser settings window again, the Behavior on tabbar / tab options blanked out... and if I press OK, OK, the settings are reversed to (no reaction)

Anybody else experiencing this?
I'm weird, damn
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

Zeron wrote:Is the bug where you couldn't drag hyperlinks to the bookmarks toolbar fixed yet?

yeppers.
nilson

Post by nilson »

Dragging urls and links to the bookmarks toolbar works for me.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

I do have a question for the programmers as it relates to today's 20030423 build.
Why has the size of the windows installed directory increased so dramatically.
The last builds prior to rebranding all averaged around 12.9 MB after being unzipped, but today's build takes up 16.1 MB of hard drive space and most of that is in the chrome directory. Some of the jars have tripled or more in size.

Also, I'm getting a horrible effect on the scrollbars when they are skinned.
Schpyder

Post by Schpyder »

Oof. This download bug is looking like a showstopper to me. Also, there's some wierdness going on with the flash ad at espn.com, where once it receeds up into the normal ad space, Flash becomes the only thing that responds. The rest of the window fails to repaint if you scroll, and nothing is clickable except flash content.

Other than that, this is the best build yet. But those two things will probably send me back to 20030320 if they're not fixed in one of the next couple nightlies.
"More fun than a barrel of monkeys... with dynamite strapped to their backs!"
sunilgarg

Post by sunilgarg »

Tom Sommer wrote:
RIV@NVX wrote:Why they don't replace all ™ symbol with (tm) or something?
It will only cause problems if they leave it this way.

They ARE changing it they just don't know what to... the ™ will be gone from the title

PS. (tm) would be UGLY

I don't want to turn this into a name thread, but I have to get a point across that I don't see mentioned:

I'm not "on the database's side," I never even knew such a thing existed, but putting the tm sign in the titlebar is quite immature. First of all, there's enough not-so-good press that we "stole a name". Second, we're using this tm mark as if we're pointing in their face saying, "Haha. We have legal rights no matter what you say." Also, what other program, if any, has a tm mark in their titlebar? It's fine in logos, but even M$ doesn't write tm in IE's titlebar. Then again, their are the links AOL somehow gets to your desktop that say "Install AOL Instant Messenger (sm)," but that's still not in the titlebar.

Also, for the record, I think it would look best to just write "Mozilla Firebird". It looks much more professional. We are past the "cookies are delicious delicacies" stage in development!
Firefox user since Phoenix 0.3
Sedination

Post by Sedination »

Gyges wrote:I do have a question for the programmers as it relates to today's 20030423 build.
Why has the size of the windows installed directory increased so dramatically.
The last builds prior to rebranding all averaged around 12.9 MB after being unzipped, but today's build takes up 16.1 MB of hard drive space and most of that is in the chrome directory. Some of the jars have tripled or more in size.

Also, I'm getting a horrible effect on the scrollbars when they are skinned.

Yeah, I think they purposely did something with the jars...they were discussing this in another thread. They don't compress them anymore or something like that. That's what caused the zipped size to dropp from 6.3MB to 5.8MB even though the on disk size of firebird has increased.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

tolremeno wrote:
Zeron wrote:Is the bug where you couldn't drag hyperlinks to the bookmarks toolbar fixed yet?

yeppers.

Yay! It's about time to move from 2003-03-20.

But what's this I hear of a download bug? This only happen on certain system configurations, or is it reproducable for everyone?

What was the last build without bookmark toolbar problems and the download bug?
nilson

Post by nilson »

I have experienced this download bug on a build not too long ago.. March 11th or 19th I believe. It would always stop at 98%, no matter what file, filetype or site. Btw, my OS is in the signature. BTW, I totally agree with sunil-online's post.
Last edited by nilson on April 23rd, 2003, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bacon

Re: Tabbrowser

Post by Bacon »

wheerdam wrote:Okay, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030423 Firebird Browser/0.6

Dloaded it, clean install, new profile. Then I installed Tabbrowser extension. I set up my tabbrowsing settings:

-. Behavior on tabbar: Double-click brings new tab and ctrl+click reload all of the tabs.
-. Behavior on tabs: Double-click close tab, ctrl+click reload the tab.

Then OK, OK. When I get to the Tabbrowser settings window again, the Behavior on tabbar / tab options blanked out... and if I press OK, OK, the settings are reversed to (no reaction)

Anybody else experiencing this?

Yep, same thing happens to me. :-\
djnr

Post by djnr »

nilson wrote:I have experienced this download bug on a build not too long ago.. March 11th or 19th I believe. It would always stop at 98%, no matter what file, filetype or site. Btw, my OS is in the signature. BTW, I totally agree with sunil-online's post.

I have WinXP Pro with 512MB RAM, and I don't get this problem... Clean profile, 20030423 build.
anand

Post by anand »

Does the QuickPrefs extension work for anyone on 4/23? If I have it enabled, I get a big red error message on the bottom of my window and the QuickPref button doesn't work.
Po

Post by Po »

No, Quick Pref does not work with this build. I wish they fix it.
anand

Post by anand »

Darn, that's too bad. I miss the "Popup Manager", "Cookie Manager", etc. from Mozilla. Yes, I know you can still get to them from the preferences screen but it's not nearly as convenient. QuickPrefs emulates most of the functionality, and I hope they fix it soon :)
Gacek

The TM bug

Post by Gacek »

I fixed the TM bug myself yesterday, but I still have this hilarious thought that this is probably the first bug in history that actually has its own trademark. LOL.
Evangelism is what I do best.