Winamp playlist generation no longer works in 0.9.2?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Torniojaws

Winamp playlist generation no longer works in 0.9.2?

Post by Torniojaws »

That is a strange thing, but it seems that the playlist generation in Winamp doesn't work anymore with 0.9.2? It worked just fine in 0.9.1 and 0.9 (and all others from 0.6 on). I think it might be somehow related to what is the default browser etc, since I heard 0.9.2 has some problems with it.

I installed 0.9.2 by unzipping it and running the new firefox.exe to transfer my bookmarks and such, and then removed the old 0.9.1 folder.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2
BitChucker

Post by BitChucker »

Works fine for me on a full install
Torniojaws

Post by Torniojaws »

Now, I just noticed that the DCC window in mIRC does not open anything either. Ie. when you receive a file and it's done, there's a window left with three buttons "Open Folder..", "Open" (file) and "Close". When I press Open, it should open the file that was received, but it does not work. Nothing happens, just like in Winamp. That's two already pointing towards Firefox not properly assigning itself as the default browser.

I wonder if there's any fixes for this.
Kete

Post by Kete »

did you uninstall 0.9.1 before installing 0.9.2?

also, Thunderbird has an update with the same security fix. If you have problems with opening Thunderbird after updating to 0.7.2, then follow these instructions.
"You're not alone. We want you to know that there is an alternative. [. . .]" (Mozilla Foundation in NYT ad)
Torniojaws

Post by Torniojaws »

Thunderbird works just fine. Going from version 0.6 though.
Kete

Post by Kete »

okay, i think my problem had something to do with the naming of the profile folders 'cause my old profile has one folder that my new profile doesn't have. somebody else had the same problem.
"You're not alone. We want you to know that there is an alternative. [. . .]" (Mozilla Foundation in NYT ad)
Torniojaws

Post by Torniojaws »

Hmm, I fixed the problem by uninstalling 0.9.2, then deleted all Firefox folders and rebooted. Then I reinstalled 0.9.2 and made a new profile.