04/25 Win32 build here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Search doesn't seem to work when viewing source, can anyone confirm this?
zachspoelstra

Post by zachspoelstra »

I can confirm this...doesnt work for me either.

Is there a bug filed for this or not?
Gort

Post by Gort »

galapogos wrote:Search doesn't seem to work when viewing source, can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030425 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
seb

Post by seb »

djnr

Post by djnr »

seb wrote:There will be a Mozilla Firebird icon.

Why? Won't it publically be Mozilla Browser now? When woul it have a Firebird icon?Before its 1.0/1.5 release, whenever that is?
ManGouste06

Post by ManGouste06 »

The process of FireBird is still called Phoenix.

I mean the name of the line in the taskmanager is called 'phoenix'.

A 'Work in progress' ?
jedbro

Re: Download bug

Post by jedbro »

Gort wrote:You could do what I just did and install the Download Statusbar extension. Using this and converting to "false" the line "browser.download.useprogressdialogs" in the about:config, stops the crash happening, while allowing you a neat way, IMO, of viewing the download.

Funny how a difficult situation can force you to look for other solutions. Still, this isn't a fix for the problem in the browser, but it's a way around it. I'll probably be keeping this extension, even if the download problem in the browser is fixed, though. :)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030425 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

Gort, has this been noted in the Bug? If not, I suggest you go there and Post how you worked around the crash, that definitally seems to narrow down the problem if you ask me (seems it's a problem with the progress dialog).
Cheers mate
jedbro

Re: Download bug

Post by jedbro »

jedbro wrote:Gort, has this been noted in the Bug? If not, I suggest you go there and Post how you worked around the crash, that definitally seems to narrow down the problem if you ask me (seems it's a problem with the progress dialog).
Cheers mate

nevermind, seems to been fixed in the latest build.
sorry
ehume

Post by ehume »

DerKane wrote:I have recently moved over for Mozilla 1.4a. The move to Firebird made me think that I should really be testing this, as yet I find Firebird to be an quick and fast browser. I have had next to no crashes however Firebird and Norton Personal Firewall get upset with each other when downloading from FTPs. I love the theame its so much better than mozilla's drab gray or cream look. But I have noticed one small thing which may seem stupid thing to bring up, but the Firebird icon, are they ever going to move away from the Mozilla Dinozaur?

Testing the nightly build 0425.
If you put an icon named main-window.ico in %installdir%chrome\icons\default (e.g. -- C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\phoenix\chrome\icons\default ) you can have whatever icon you want. Mine is a red F on a black background with a red border around it. Nice and neat. If you want it, let me know. I'll tell you where to download it.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
DerKane

Icon

Post by DerKane »

Cheers, m8
Thanks for the info on how to change the icon.
Loving the nightly builds still, and have now started testing Thunderbird Email client.
DerKane

PC: Athlon64 3000+; 512 PC2700; XP Pro SP2 (DEP Enabled); Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3
Notebook: Athlon XP-M 2400+; 512 PC2100; XP Pro SP2; Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3