04/25 Win32 build here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
isometry

Re: Phonex theme?

Post by isometry »

bthater wrote:Ok, so i try the theme and nothing happens. nothing. no theme change, it just sits and stares at me. same thing for modern, but the themes i installed work fine. except i don't get a throbber for any of them.

Ok so now what did i break?;-)

I'll second that, I've had the same problem since at least the 11/04 build. Once you've installed (and used) a few other themes, it's seemingly impossible to revert to the standard 'Pheonix' theme. Up until now I've simply installed the separate Qute theme to side-step this problem, as I assumed it was already bugged (silly me)...
djst

Post by djst »

Tom Sommer wrote:I already said that

The theme name is Phoenix.
djnr

Post by djnr »

Hmmm... maybe they should clean up those them problems before 0.6 - rename "Phoenix" to "Default Firebird theme", replace the screenshot and ditch the Modern theme from the Theme dialogue. Just because those are the main things people are complaining about here, beside the download bug.

But perhaps those changes are more involved than I think they should be. I'm not itching for .6 to come "right now" as it's pretty meaningless in terms of features, on the other hand, this will be a semi-offical release that a lot of people will use for a long time, until .7, that those rather glaring issues should be resolved.

I make sense. Really I do.

Also re the throbber: Both the status bar and the tab bar show when a page is loading, but the status bar can be turned off and the tab bar is not always visible, so I think it still has a place. Is it not on the toolbars by default?
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

I like this one. Seemes stable and no extreme functional bugs. The download problem is not I have seen yet. But I have started on completely fresh installations the last versions, might be it?
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

I haven't seen the download bug at all either, just a question, are those of you experiencing it using the Download manager or download progress indicators for downloads? Does one way or the other make a difference in regards to this bug?
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

Tom Sommer wrote:You can't drag-move folders in the Bookmarks dropdown... (or is this already known?)

To move bookmark folders by dragging you have to hold Shift & then drag the folder.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Oh well.... ahm.... I knew that... *hides*
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

djnr wrote:....Also re the throbber: Both the status bar and the tab bar show when a page is loading, but the status bar can be turned off and the tab bar is not always visible, so I think it still has a place. Is it not on the toolbars by default?

Unlike IE the Stop button works just like the throbber which is why the throbber isn't shown by default (as far as I know that's why it's not shown). When the page is loading the stop button is active & when the page is done loading it's greyed out.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
helo

Post by helo »

Tom Sommer wrote:You can't drag-move folders in the Bookmarks dropdown... (or is this already known?)

BTW, why won't firebird sort my folders on top.... My bookmarks are all messy

You have to hold "shift" then drag-move for folders.
Gyges

Post by Gyges »

Is anyone else having crashes / system freezes with Mozilla Firebird?
Ever since the 20030424 build I've had total freeze ups of my windows 98 operating system.
I can not tell what is causing the freeze ups (which require me to hit the power switch to restart my computer), because it never happens the same way twice. It can happen shortly after Firebird starts or not until an hour or more of surfing.
Dougieha

Re: Download bug

Post by Dougieha »

WildCelt wrote:
aebrahim wrote:Is the download bug seen in 4/23 and 4/24 fixed?

Is there a bugzilla bug filed for it? If so, whats the number?

Not fixed for me :(

Try deleting your XUL.mfl file in your profile.

That fixed the problem for me.

:cool:
Dougieha
Gort

Post by Gort »

That's one of the things that I did, but had no success.
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

I'm now using that downloads statusbar thing, I like it.
wget

Post by wget »

djnr wrote:So it's supposed to be a "Q" - I've been wondering for months. It looks like a sickle to me.

Please don't say that. You just risk summoning one of the 'Mozilla is a communist front' trolls.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.
Khaymer

Firebird crashes on Delphiforums

Post by Khaymer »

I've had this problem with the build from the 23rd as well as today. When I try to log in to my Delphi forums account, within a few seconds the browser crashes.
Ah! But does a half-dead cat have Buddha Nature?