Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult: "0x

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
Bob Brunius

Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult: "0x

Post by Bob Brunius »

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult: "0x80570027 (NS_ERROR_XPC_SECURITY_MANAGER_VETO)" location: "JS frame :: http://www.esinstrument.com/eventcode.html :: helloWorld :: line 223" data: no]

Firefox 3.5.2 is throwing this error. I haven't been getting any errors in Opera, Safari, or Chrome on this code. There were bugs reported with past versions of Firefox resulting in this error but nothing with this recent version that I can find. The error is non-fatal in that the page functions just fine and the error shows up only now and then as the mouse is moved over the document. Any ideas?

the section of code that it is flagging is:

Code: Select all

/* e is the event object */    
for(x in e){
    if(((x.charAt(0) > 'Z')&&(!capsOn)) || ((x.charAt(0) < 'a') && (capsOn))){
       if((e[x] != null) && (typeof e[x] != 'undefinded'))
          temp[y++] = '<span class="Bolding Class" id="spanBlock" style="font-weight:bold">' + x + ':</span> ' + e[x] + '<br>';
     }                    
}

The offending line is:

Code: Select all

temp[y++] = '<span class="Bolding Class" id="spanBlock" style="font-weight:bold">' + x + ':</span> ' + e[x] + '<br>';

I've prequalified the heck out of e[x] in the previous line and the error didn't show up on those references.
Bob Brunius

Re: Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult: "0x

Post by Bob Brunius »

Bumpity bump bump

Oh, I have learned that the error occurs when the mouse is drug off screen and back on screen or when the mouse passes over a form input or textarea. Surely someone knows what this is about.
Bob Brunius

Post by Bob Brunius »

I am still interested about why this error is occurring. I haven't been able to figure it out myself. It does not occur in Safari, Opera or Google Chrome. Only Firefox. I have the latest version. When the error occurs there is a missing mouseover event. It happens every time when mousing over an <input> or <textbox> tag.
phantom22

Post by phantom22 »

if your x and y values are the cursor position, the problem is likely the (y++), which is not only (y+1), but (y=1+1). You can't change cursor coordinates, it's a no-no. try to parseint or similar from the y value into a new variable.

- Jordan
david835

Re: Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult:

Post by david835 »

It's 2019 and suddenly I'm getting this on a small JavaScript application. What does it mean? A web search turns up nothing. :-"
LIMPET235

Re: Exception... "Security Manager vetoed action" nsresult:

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Why bump such an old thread?
If you have a problem, please start a new one, stating the problem.
Thank you.

Locking this oldie.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)