firefox doesn't render my web page correctly

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
xyzgeoff

firefox doesn't render my web page correctly

Post by xyzgeoff »

Hi
My website works correctly in IE9, Safari, Opera and Chrome but Firefox doesn't render my Contacts page correctly. The contact form position is wrong and the navigation does not work for the Contacts page. Both HTML and CSS validate. The only issue is with Firefox which fails to render the Contacts page correctly. I understand that there was an issue with absolute postioning some time ago, surely that has been resolved?
trolly

Re: firefox doesn't render my web page correctly

Post by trolly »

URL?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
xyzgeoff

Post by xyzgeoff »

trolly

Post by trolly »

As far as i can see the table inside rightColumn1 got wrong positions after clicking on Contact. If I remove the position from the table (in Inspector) the form is approximately where it should be.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Frenzie

Post by Frenzie »

trolly wrote:As far as i can see the table inside rightColumn1 got wrong positions after clicking on Contact. If I remove the position from the table (in Inspector) the form is approximately where it should be.

Perhaps a better question than why there is a position on the table is why there's a table there at all? It only seems to have a single cell.
Intelligent alien life does exist, otherwise they would have contacted us.
xyzgeoff

Post by xyzgeoff »

Hi thanks Frenzie and trolly

The table is used because CSS doesn't work for me in certain situations. As I mentioned above the contacts page does render correctly using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Opera. The HTML and CSS also validate. The only way that the position of the element can be checked is by reference to any browser other than Firefox. The content for two of the three pages is in boxes which overlap backgrounds. So the Contact form should be similarly placed to the Home page box. I am beginning to think that the content should be placed without overlaps, especially as the site doesn't look right in smaller widths than 1280px.

It used to be the case that a web designer designed for the most standards compliant browser - Firefox and then adjusted Internet Explorer and other browsers if necessary. The site has been operational since 2011 and I must have checked it with Firefox then. something has happened since. PHP has been updated but I doubt if that has anything to do with the issue. I use the contact form on several other sites with no issues. But, it is only the Contacts page that Firefox doesn't render correctly.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

It appears to me that the contentWrapper (and others) is defined in a couple places. I saw a float: right, float: left in the .css file.

I copied the contentWrapper css and named it contentWrapperNew then renamed the div in the source. This is what I ended up with. There may be other shifts of information but you should be able to put them back how you want them. I also renamed the css to parish.css.

http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/t ... sh001.html
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
rspearman75

Post by rspearman75 »

I am also having display issues and could use some help. I am using multiple css scripts and java scripts and like the others my site shows fine in chrome, ie8 but firefox moves my second scrolling frame to the upper right corner and I cant figure out why. The site is local I can zip the file and send it if some one would like to take a look at it. I cant see whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.