ESR Version 24.6

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
DanTheMan1966

ESR Version 24.6

Post by DanTheMan1966 »

I am working on an MVC4 application that creates a custom file and streams it back to the user. The custom file is XML with a file extension of asbx. I have also created a console application that is supposed to open and process the asbx file. The console application is really just a wrapper for a Java application. It reads the asbx file and passes the parameters to the Java app. Then it hangs around while the Java app does it's thing and lets the user know if the Java app executed successfully. It works in IE and Firefox 31, problem is I need it to work in Firefox ESR 24.6.0 and in that version of Firefox I get the following error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
DanRaisch

Re: ESR Version 24.6

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Web Development.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Has nothing to do with "Web Development". The error usually indicates a problem with the Hypervisor.

Did you lately install or uninstall something? Firewall etc?

If you search for the error code on e.g. Google you get a lot of hits and several different tips to solve it (including restoring to an earlier state).
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
DanTheMan1966

Post by DanTheMan1966 »

We haven't installed or uninstalled anything recently. Believe me I searched Google for that error code a long time before submitting anything here and I haven't found a single Google search result that could fix my problem. I think I need to understand why the code works in IE and Firefox 30 (and Firefox 31) and not in the ESR version (24.6).
trolly

Post by trolly »

The problem has nothing to do with your code. The error says that the application could not be started.
This may mean that the JavaVM could not be started if firefox is running. Which Java version do you use?
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
DanTheMan1966

Post by DanTheMan1966 »

Java version is 5.0.60.5
trolly

Post by trolly »

?
Not sure but I thought Java5 is on the blacklist for being insecure.