Firefox audio issue

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
Zonda716

Firefox audio issue

Post by Zonda716 »

Hello all,

I've entered this forum because I'm looking for a solution for an issue I'm having when using chorme to open a "game" i've made in PHP.

In this game basically you have to press a key as fast as you can to increase a bar of energy. Each time you press the key a short sound (less than 1 sec) plays, but if the sound hasn't finished playing, firefox won't play it again so I need to make it play even if the previous sound is still playing, in other words, I need that for each time I press a key the sound gets played independently of the other sound.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks!

Facundo
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox audio issue

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Web Dev.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Do you have an example online showing how you play the sound? For example, send play() to an HTML5 audio element? If the element can't accept play() until it has stopped, and stopping it takes too long, you might need to use multiple audio elements and devise a way to select among them, for example, increment a counter or look at the time.
johnmacd

Post by johnmacd »

Hi,

If you use a host’s file, you can temporarily disable it by renaming it Xhosts. Or, you can edit the hosts file to remove specific entries such as ad.doubleclick.net.

Thanks
WordPress Developer Miami providing best WordPress Websites for small businesses.