Looking to make a site more readable and useful

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
Wish You Were Here

Looking to make a site more readable and useful

Post by Wish You Were Here »

OK, I'm really dumb when it come to this stuff and this request may not even be in the right place. I probably want some kind of CSS editing, but I don't really understand it.

These guys really messed up their site and I need a way to override some of what they did:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping- ... returns-db

I found a way to remove the blue header, but it makes the board title text less readable. Also, the hyperlinks aren't discernible since they made them black. I can change some of that with Preferences >> Appearance, but that works browser wide. I only want to change this one site.

Where do I need to be looking?
DanRaisch

Re: Looking to make a site more readable and useful

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Web Development
Frenzie

Re: Looking to make a site more readable and useful

Post by Frenzie »

You're looking for Stylish: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Then by right-clicking and choosing "Inspect element" you can see which styles apply. It's not immediately obvious to me where that blue header is coming from, but since you've already figured it out all you have to add to change the text is to put something like this in Stylish:

Code: Select all

#lia-body .lia-content .lia-component-custom-board-header .title {
    color: black !important;
}
The !important is an override without which the user style won't apply. This is per-spec, although imo the spec is broken in this case.
Intelligent alien life does exist, otherwise they would have contacted us.