Firefox 2.0.0.10 broke my application, how can I fix it?

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

VanillaMozilla wrote:While you're at it, why don't you fix the program name and path?

Um, which one(s)? This article seems to predate Firefox entirely and I'm not sure what should be fixed (other than the tool I would use for packet sniffing, since I don't install nightly builds).
bzbarsky

Post by bzbarsky »

What do nightly builds have to do with anything? Any Firefox, Seamonkey, or Mozilla Suite build can be used for the HTTP logging. Note that it doesn't sniff packets; it just records what the networking library in Gecko thinks is going on.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

bzbarsky wrote:What do nightly builds have to do with anything? Any Firefox, Seamonkey, or Mozilla Suite build can be used for the HTTP logging. Note that it doesn't sniff packets; it just records what the networking library in Gecko thinks is going on.

I don't know, I was just going by this prefatory statement:
... if you have a nightly trunk build of Mozilla, then you can set some environment variables before running Mozilla to capture a log of HTTP activity.

I guess an additional edit is needed...
bzbarsky

Post by bzbarsky »

I think at the time it was written the logging was new and wasn't available in the then-release builds (Mozilla 1.3 or some such?).