Mozilla version number in about:

Discuss building things with or for the Mozilla Platform.
pkjoshi

Mozilla version number in about:

Post by pkjoshi »

We made few changes in the HTTP protocol Handler of Mozilla. When I do Help->About Mozilla, it shows Mozilla 1.2.1 (Yes, we made changes in the Mozilla 1.2.1 code). I would like to change the version number to Mozilla 1.2.1.X where X is our local build number. What is the easiest way to do this?

In case this is not the right newsgroup, please redirect me to the correct newsgroup.

Regards
-Pawan
rwall

Re: Mozilla version number in about:

Post by rwall »

pkjoshi wrote:We made few changes in the HTTP protocol Handler of Mozilla. When I do Help->About Mozilla, it shows Mozilla 1.2.1 (Yes, we made changes in the Mozilla 1.2.1 code). I would like to change the version number to Mozilla 1.2.1.X where X is our local build number. What is the easiest way to do this?

In case this is not the right newsgroup, please redirect me to the correct newsgroup.

Regards
-Pawan

(Disclaimer: I just searched lxr for this, I don't know if it is correct!).

Try changing the version number in the file mozilla/config/milestone.txt The configure script seems to call mozilla/config/milestone.pl which in turn reads the milestone.txt file and this value is set in the MOZILLA_VERSION preprocessor variable.
<a href="http://backprop.net/mozilla/bonsaibugs/">Bonsai Bugs</a> - Track bugs referenced in CVS checkins to the Mozilla Trunk, Phoenix, Camino and other interesting branches