Can you still build with Motif?

Discuss building things with or for the Mozilla Platform.
xmorg

Can you still build with Motif?

Post by xmorg »

Hey, Im using mozilla 1.4b right now on my FreeBSD system. (uh its sorta like linux if you dont know but not really hehe)

Anyways, its starts at a bearible speed on my system, and I guess its using the GTK toolkit. Im trying to shave a few more seconds off of it though. While i was building it, I noticed a configure option regarding what "toolkit" to use. GTK is default, but I remember reading somewhere wehre oldschool UNIX netscape used Motif toolkit. Is that still possible? Motif isnt fancy like gtk but its fast, if anyone knows if you can use an alternate toolkit besides gtk, ie Motif (Xt), Lesstif, QT, etc, let me know.

I think the option im asking about is --default-toolkit or --with-toolkit but I dont have it in front of me right now so dont know.

Speed before beauty hehe.
hi,
marc00s

Re: Can you still build with Motif?

Post by marc00s »

xmorg wrote: GTK is default, but I remember reading somewhere wehre oldschool UNIX netscape used Motif toolkit. Is that still possible?

Netscape Communicator 4 and earlier used the Motif toolkit. Mozilla can use gtk, gtk2 and qt on UNIX systems, but (AFAIK) Motif and Lesstif are not supported.