[crosspost] Better Download Manager

Discuss building things with or for the Mozilla Platform.
patchworks

[crosspost] Better Download Manager

Post by patchworks »

1st: this is NOT spam

I think Mozilla (well, i'm a FireFox user) needs a better download manager.

ConnectFusion is a GPL'd download manager. Check it out.

ConnectFusion is a very fast open source download manager. It will accelerate your downloads from the Internet and resume broken connections. ConnectFusion includes an easy-to-use interface and its installation does not interfere with the normal behavior of your browser.ConnectFusion is 100% free, never expires, and does not contain any spyware or advertisement. Its source is freely available to any one who wants to inspect or modify it.

Features of ConnectFusion

* Accelerate downloads for different types of Internet connections - dial-up, cable, DSL / ADSL, satellite, T1, etc.
* Supports simultaneous connections. Up to 8 connections for the same file. This method will speed up your downloads significantly. Stop and resume broken downloads. Recover from a dropped Internet connection.
* Does not interfere with the default behavior of web browser.
* Supports batch downloads from the Internet. Perform batch downloads by queuing multiple files and leaving your system totally unattended.
* Drag & drop features. Drag a link into ConnectFusion to download. Drag a file from ConnectFusion into a folder to save.
* Well designed interface. Compact, Stable and Easy to use.
* Totally free. Never expires. No spyware. No advertisement.
* Open Sourced. Inspect the code and compile it yourself for the ultimate peace of mind.

The source code for ConnectFusion is under GPL (GNU General Public License). You are required to release your source code if you distribute products that are derived from ConnectFusion's source

Hope that helps.

HaPpY CoDiNg !
old np

Post by old np »

System Requirements

For Windows Platform :

Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000 ,Win XP or later

400 MHz processor

64 MB RAM

4 MB of hard-disk space for program installation.
patchworks

Post by patchworks »

:?:

What you mean ?

I think that at least those two features should be "grabbed" from ConnectFusion:

1. resume broken connections;
2. Up to 8 connections for the same file.
old np

Post by old np »

I mean it's Windows-only and takes up 4MB of space. Whereas Firefox is cross-platform as is designed to not take up as much space.

If you want advanced functionality, you can just download whatever download manager you want and plug it in. There's no reason to put it into the Firefox codebase.
jqp

Post by jqp »

Please stop posting about this in multiple forums and creating multiple threads.
Whether you understand the definition of spam or not, this is spam.
Zero3K

Re: [crosspost] Better Download Manager

Post by Zero3K »

I put its source code up onto GitHub. You can see it by going to https://github.com/Zero3K/connectfusion.
LoudNoise

Re: [crosspost] Better Download Manager

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to a post from 2005. I would assume that the problem has been solved. Locking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."