External Javascript Method in XBL

Discuss building things with or for the Mozilla Platform.
darrenr

External Javascript Method in XBL

Post by darrenr »

Hi All,

I have come across an error with the newest Aurora and Nightly Builds of firefox (v21 and v22), where any external javascript method called from a constructor or XBL method no longer works and is reported as undefined.

I have posted this bug to bugzilla and there is a link to the bug here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=844783 along with an attached zip of files which can reproduce this bug.

If you have any insight or knowledge in which to overcome this bug i would very much like to hear from you.
The Bug steps as posted to bugzilla can be seen below,

Thanks
Darren Rutter

Steps to reproduce:
Existing Remote XUL code that calls an external javascript function from within a xbl constructor or method returns error.
Test attached requires remote xul to be whitelisted using remote xul manager or similar.

Actual results:
Firebug logs the following error:
'ReferenceError: [[function]] is not defined' where [[function]] is the name of the called function.

Expected results:
Function should have been called. This worked up to version 20 but has broken in version 21.
With the attached test an alert should be fired from the XBL constructor and when each button is clicked. In practice the calls in the constructor and Method sections fail on firefox 21+