Printer page setup - unprintable margins

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Josephj

Printer page setup - unprintable margins

Post by Josephj »

My current printer appears to have unprintable margins. I went into advanced preferences and adjusted the top and bottom margins for Print To File which is mostly what I use and they're good now except for the header and footers. They're fine vertically, but the left footer field starts with no margin and gets left truncated.

print.printer_Mozilla_Save_to_PDF.print_unwriteable_margin_left doesn't seem to do anything. I set it as high as 100 with no visible effect.

How do I fix this?

If it matters, my current printer is an HP 6520 and I am using kubuntu 18.04 with Thunderbird 91.11.0 (64-bit).
Grumpus

Re: Printer page setup - unprintable margins

Post by Grumpus »

Look for a difference between the system printer information and Thunderbird settings.
It may be in conflict.
Also see if the item in your configuration editor (general page for preferences) print.more-settings.open
Is set to true, it may alter things.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Josephj

Re: Printer page setup - unprintable margins

Post by Josephj »

Thanks for your reply.

print.more-settings.open is set to true. Can't tell if you think that's a good thing or not.

I went into KDE system settings. I didn't even realize there was a printer tab in there. I usually go straight to the CUPS web interface. But, I don't see anything there about page setup.

Went to CUPS and found the default paper size was DJ 5 instead of letter. No idea what that is or how it got set, but I fixed it. Print preview indicates that that fixed the problem. I'll post back here if that didn't solve the problem.

Thanks.