Recommended approach to send bulk email?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
xinelo

Recommended approach to send bulk email?

Post by xinelo »

Hi there,

I would need to send one email to a large number of recipients (in Bcc). It could be about 50 people.

Is there a smart way to do this in Thunderbird (other than pasting the long list of email addresses in the Bcc field, that is)?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Manuel
DanRaisch

Re: Recommended approach to send bulk email?

Post by DanRaisch »

Create one or more mailing lists using the addresses of the intended recipients -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists

Note that your email provider may set limits on the number of messages that may be sent at any one time or on the number of messages that may be sent over a period of time.

You might find it better to create two or more mailing lists to reduce the number of addresses in one message. You could compose a message without adding recipients, save it as a template ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_templates ) and then use that to send the message to the two mailing lists.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

xinelo wrote:Hi there,

I would need to send one email to a large number of recipients (in Bcc). It could be about 50 people.

Is there a smart way to do this in Thunderbird (other than pasting the long list of email addresses in the Bcc field, that is)?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Manuel
There has been a bug which surfaces from time to time where the e-mail is only sent to the first recipient in the bcc list. This happens when there is no address listed in the To: box. The fudge is to put your own address in that box.
xinelo

Post by xinelo »

Thanks both of you. I'll report results after I've done it.