Very nice!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
elmonty

Very nice!

Post by elmonty »

As a long-time Calypso user, I have recently been using Becky!Mail. It's about the nicest I've found (although I'm not excited about it), and it's not as nice as the no-longer-supported Calypso (soon to be reborn as Courier).

But Thunderbird has peaked my interest. Even in its current alpha state, it's pretty nice. I *love* the spam feature.

A few questions:

1. The mail import function is pretty limited. Are there going to be more ways to import mail, for example, from Becky?

2. I tried creating a user.js file, according to the FAQs to change the destination of the throbber, but (a) it didn't work, (b) there's a prefs.js file that already contains the line:

user_pref("browser.throbber.url", "http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/");

and (c) it still doesn't go to that page. Is it me or a bug?

3. I assume the fact that the toolbar customize functions aren't working is already known.

4. When I composed a new message and selected File>Send Later, the message disappeared. Where'd it go?

5. What are Local Folders and what are they used for?

El Monty
mscott

Post by mscott »

What build are you using and what platform?
Thunderbirds are Go!
elmonty

Post by elmonty »

Win32 version.

I see no way to determine what build it is (how's that for a feature request?). I'm pretty sure it's the 5-6-2003 build.
mb

Post by mb »

Find the thunderbird.exe file wherever you may have installed it and right click, select properties, and look at the "modified" date.