All accounts in one folder - like Outlook Express

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
BlackFly

All accounts in one folder - like Outlook Express

Post by BlackFly »

I´m using Outlook express, the only reason that i use it, is that all emailaccounts in one folder. I only have to use one button to get all mails from all accounts, i don´t have to klick several times to read all new mails from several accounts, i like it ;)
Is it possible to configure thunderbird that it works like Outlook Express?
And btw is it possible to put the adressbook in a "frame" like OE?
none13

Re: All accounts in one folder - like Outlook Express

Post by none13 »

BlackFly wrote:I´m using Outlook express, the only reason that i use it, is that all emailaccounts in one folder. I only have to use one button to get all mails from all accounts, i don´t have to klick several times to read all new mails from several accounts, i like it ;)
Is it possible to configure thunderbird that it works like Outlook Express?
And btw is it possible to put the adressbook in a "frame" like OE?

So basically, you want an email program that looks like Outlook Express? I don't understand why you're bothering to switch then.

P.s. Search this forum for "local folders", "one inbox", etc. There were several recent threads asking for a single, unified inbox.
BlackFly

Post by BlackFly »

the reason is: I don´t rely like the Outlook, i only like the way it handles the acounts. And thanks, i had used the wrong keywords ;)

It works nearly the way i want, now i need a button to get all emails...
clav

Post by clav »

BlackFly wrote:It works nearly the way i want, now i need a button to get all emails...

yeah that's got to be one of the most irritating things about moz mail and thunderbird.

maybe this could be the first extension created for Thunderbird : )
BlackFly

Post by BlackFly »

Is it possible to sort the accounts manualy? I want the local folder at the Top of the emailaccounts.
billmcct

Post by billmcct »

BlackFly wrote:Is it possible to sort the accounts manualy? I want the local folder at the Top of the emailaccounts.

You will have to edit prefs.js and change the accounts numbers and the servers numbers to do that.Be very careful.
Bill McCartney
Union City, Georgia USA

E-mail rot 13ed
ovyyzppg@oryyfbhgu.arg
BlackFly

Post by BlackFly »

billmcct wrote:
BlackFly wrote:Is it possible to sort the accounts manualy? I want the local folder at the Top of the emailaccounts.

You will have to edit prefs.js and change the accounts numbers and the servers numbers to do that.Be very careful.

It don´t works or i´m to stupid. I have tried to put the local folder on the top witout any effect...