Transparent toolbar in TB

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Ed1

Transparent toolbar in TB

Post by Ed1 »

In TB 12.0.1, is it possible to do these two things:

1. Eliminate/hide the File, Edit, View, etc. toolbar while still having a way to reach those menus?

2. Make the background of the Mail toolbar (the one with the Get Mail, etc. buttons) transparent - using code in Stylish?

Thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: Transparent toolbar in TB

Post by tanstaafl »

1. Disable it by unchecking view -> toolbars -> menu toolbar. You can use F10 to temporarily restore it. Supposedly they plan on eventually add a Thunderbird button (like what Firefox has) to hide most menus behind a single button.

2. See viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2458175&hilit=fog for some ideas.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Thanks, tanstaafl.

1. Is the F10 key a toggle to turn the toolbar on and off. I haven't yet hidden the toolbar using the menu, but I see that F10 does not toggle it off. Will F10 toggle it on once it is turned off?

2. I tried the code in that thread using Stylish, without success. It seems to reference "moz-lwtheme" in a couple of places. Is that correct for the default theme?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

1. Its a temporary toggle, just like holding down the shift key when clicking on the write button.

2. Should be. I used the default theme and my userChrome.css had multiple references to -moz-lwtheme
I recommend you don't use Stylish, and edit userChrome.css instead.
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy Ed1,

in addition to the F10 key, you can toggle the menu [on windows] with the alt key. as with the F10 key, the alt key toggle requires that you have "view/toolbars/menu-bar" UN-checked.

take care,
lee