the wrong sender adress

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
struppi_

the wrong sender adress

Post by struppi_ »

I have an issue with thunderbird.

After I had wrote a message in a newsgroups (yeah, I still use it - a bit :) ) and I later replied a email thunderbird use the newsgroups account as the reply adress. since it looks very similiar I miss this several times and sent the mail with this address.

It wouldn't be a big problem because it seems that it's possible to reply at this adress, but the mail I sent won't be save at my send folder. This is very bad, because I use thunderbird at my work and I need urgent access to my wrote emails (and had already problems because of this, but I thought it was my fault I didn't sent the mail).

I use thunderbird since 2002 (with my actual configurations) but I notice this strange behaviour only since a couple of month ago. Is there something changed the last half year?
Can I configurate that TB always use the standard sender adress when I wrote an email?
DanRaisch

Re: the wrong sender adress

Post by DanRaisch »

Review your Thunderbird profile to confirm what SMTP server definitions exist. You can delete all definitions other than the one you wish to use for all outgoing messages. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_: ... TP_Servers
struppi_

Post by struppi_ »

No, I want use all SMTP definitions. I use them since 10 years and had never any problems before and need them.

But this behaviour must be change sometimes. When I create a new message TB don't use the default SMTP profile, but the last one I used, that's annoying because I never had to check my sender adress before.

The strange thing is, that the news sender adress isn't anyway in the outgoing SMTP profiles. But when I create a new message TB use the news account as my sender adress by default - what's the heck is that?
struppi_

Post by struppi_ »

could someone try it?

Do a response in a newsgroup, but don't send the message, just close it.
Then response an email in your infolder. In my case TB use then the sender for the newsgroup. The main issue is, that if I sent this mail it won't save in the send folder or anywhere else.

I use TB and Newsgroups since TB exists and I never notice this, so there must be something changed.
struppi_

Post by struppi_ »

after loosing many mails, because I forget many times to look what my sender adress is, I remove the newsgroups account.

since newsgroups are oldfashion I can live with this - but at least this is not a real solution.
struppi_

Post by struppi_ »

[double post because of server issues]