Migrating from AOL to Thunderbird - importing old mail

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
WorldasMaya

Post by WorldasMaya »

i"m not sure how this thread is even relevant. Bookmarks-or favorites as they are known in AOL parlance--can be imported into Thunderbird (mozilla) as part of thunderbird simply check out mozilla.org for links to the instructions which are easy.

The difficulty with AOL mail is importing the old email (email no longer accessible via the server) into Thunderbird. The "fix" listed above will do NOTHING to aid you in importing AOL mail....just the favorites.

I have yet to find free software that will allow importing of AOL PFC files (including email) into thunderbird. Connected software http://www.connectedsw.com/Overview/57266 has such software--but, it is not free.

If anyone knows of a way to import my 1,000s of AOL emails accumulated over years--please post this here. The current post offers zero help to this end. thank you.
"Can I see a falling tear and not feel my Sorrows Share?" W. Blake
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

it's not free, but as I said at the bottom of my final post,
zachariah wrote:[I tired ePreserver] on the mail, which was successful
-- but it appears to extract anything from AOL and put it in OE or Outlook (which Thunderbird happily imported)

I successfully transferred hundreds of (PFC) offline messages to Thunderbird (via OE)

I would still like it if an import wizard was built right into Thunderbird.

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!