Preview pane fg/bg colors when selecting multiple messages

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
MarkEHansen

Preview pane fg/bg colors when selecting multiple messages

Post by MarkEHansen »

I have Thunderbird 45.1.0 on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit and have installed the TT DeepDark theme, which I really love. It is basically gray foreground on a dark grey background.

However, when I select multiple messages in the message list, the preview pane shows a header which says "2 conversations" or whatever, still in the deep dark theme, but the content shown for the messages (which looks like simple summaries of the messages) is in a very light background and black foreground - which is contrary to the rest of the TT DeepDark theme (or at least in my opinion).

Is there a way I can set the foreground and background of this "summary" area so it can look more in line with the rest of the application?
Perhaps CSS I can put in the userChrome.css file or properties I can set in the user.js file?

I've spent a lot of time looking for this, but can't find any properties that affect this and Google hasn't offered any suggestions either :)

Thanks,
DanRaisch

Re: Preview pane fg/bg colors when selecting multiple messag

Post by DanRaisch »

That sounds like something you could ask the author of the TTDeepDark theme to address in an update.
MarkEHansen

Post by MarkEHansen »

I don't understand your response. I'm not the author of TTDeepDark, so I can't update it.

I was assuming I could override the setting provided by that theme (in this area, anyway) so I was hoping someone could tell me what those settings are, or how I could determine what they are.

Thanks for any help.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Sorry for the typo. What I meant to say (and have corrected to above) is that "That sound like something you could ask the author of the TTDeepDark theme to address in an update."
MarkEHansen

Post by MarkEHansen »

Thanks, yes I have (I think - I sent an e-mail).

Again, I was hoping someone would know what setting (in the CSS or user.js) controls the foreground/background of that view - irrespective of what the TT DeepDark theme is doing to it.

Thanks,