(Resolved) cannot log into Thunderbird

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
loveangels

(Resolved) cannot log into Thunderbird

Post by loveangels »

I have used TB for years and now getting this message...

Sending of password for user (my email) did not succeed. Mail server mail.twc.com responded: [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.

I have called our service provider who says its a TB issue. HELP!!!
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 5th, 2016, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Resolved) added to subject per OP's post.
DanRaisch

Re: cannot log into Thunderbird

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you also access that email account through a portable device such as a smartphone or tablet? If so you may have to exit the email app on that device before trying to access the account through Thunderbird.
Do you also access that email account using Thunderbird on another computer? If so you may have to exit that Thunderbird installation before trying to access the account through Thunderbird on another computer.
loveangels

Post by loveangels »

But I have been accessing my email for years from my smartphone so why all of a sudden did this start? Do not access it from any other computer. Any ideas?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Despite what the provider said, the error message is reporting that "Mail server mail.twc.com responded: [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again." Neither of those possibilities are anything that Thunderbird can cause or effect.

You might try logging onto that TWC account using a browser to see if you can access it that way. If you can, be sure to log out of the account through the browser and then try Thunderbird again.
loveangels

Post by loveangels »

I can log in from the TWC homepage and always log out. I will try calling TW again. Thanks so much.
loveangels

Post by loveangels »

I just got off the phone with TWC and they were able to help. Thanks for the suggestion.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.