Lost Write window toolbar - no Send button or anything

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Gwaihir

Lost Write window toolbar - no Send button or anything

Post by Gwaihir »

I've just been trying to sort out the wife's copy of Thunderbird. Somehow it's lost the toolbar from the new message window so there are no Menus or buttons, and therefore no Send button either. I've combed through all the settings I can think of but can't find anything. The version is 45.20 and the same version on my PC is fine. Here's the problem window, any suggestions will be gratefully received:
I should just mention that I can toggle the contact list sidebar on and off using F9. Also in the View > Toolbars submenu from the main window hers lacks the Quick Filter Bar and Status Bar options.

Best regards,

Gwaihir.
makaiguy

Re: Lost Write window toolbar - no Send button or anything

Post by makaiguy »

Press Alt + V. Then View | Toolbars. Set it to display Menu Bar and Composition Bar.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Gwaihir

Lost Write window toolbar - no Send button SOLVED

Post by Gwaihir »

May thanks Doug. Fixed!
Best regards,

Gwaihir.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Glad to help. Try to remember the Alt+V shortcut to bring up the View menu option. It really comes in handy sometimes.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Gwaihir

Post by Gwaihir »

Indeed. To me it seems a strange design that puts the settings in a place where they can effectively be 'locked out' like that. I'd have put them in the Tools > Options or View > Toolbars areas of the main page.
Best regards,

Gwaihir.