thunderbird dont show all mails

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
halcyforn

thunderbird dont show all mails

Post by halcyforn »

i have a problem with thunderbird and office mail.

thunderbird show only mails from 1 august to today and one mail from 1-1-2014. problem is i need see all mails there is 2000 mails in inbox and 8000 in spam ( spam is not important), how to do this i download 10 000 mails but i dont have them on list. i use thunderbird on linux mint xfce.
DanRaisch

Re: thunderbird dont show all mails

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail
halcyforn

Post by halcyforn »

pop and set dont delete anything new messages come normal and people who use outlock see all mails. i think this is in settings, i try delete one file to full download mails when i check all settings what i can find. this one message from 2014 must be finded when i search email adress.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you review the link I posted above?
halcyforn

Post by halcyforn »

ok i back to office. i do everything from this post only dont use this recovery extension. inbox show me i have 2600 messages ( counter in right bottom corner) spam 943 ( i clean ths folder 4 weeks ago) im look to profile folder and there is inbox file what have 1.4 GB. i think there is all messages downloaded. i try delete profile and download but this dont work.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

i try delete profile and download but this dont work.
I don't understand that. Why did you delete the profile and what were you trying to download?
halcyforn

Post by halcyforn »

why hmm because somewhere on great internet was write delete profile and thundebrird will download all messages ( thiws should show me all) because files can be damaged. or something like that ( i do this in october)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Deleting a POP account is not a method for downloading all previously received messages unless you are absolutely certain that none of those messages have been deleted from the server. The procedure to force a POP account to download all messages in the server inbox would be to delete only the file popstate.dat which is found in the Thunderbird profile. Deleting only that one file would cause Thunderbird to view all messages in the server inbox as new and it would download all of those messages again.

Try logging onto the account's web mail page using a browser to see what messages are still present in the server inbox folder.
ShawnE26

Post by ShawnE26 »

curious.. did you install bitdefender around that time