Let's hire a fixer for all these issues!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
fedupwithformatting

Let's hire a fixer for all these issues!

Post by fedupwithformatting »

I struggle on with Thunderbird; the text formatting issues and others continue, and I wonder why I am hanging on. I am afraid to update because that might just create more problems, and erase the changes that I have made, that keep keyboard shortcuts from deleting the whole message of some other anomaly, when my less than perfect typing triggers another armageddon.
If Firefox is running along with Thunderbird the mail program just grinds to a halt, and quits responding. I keep looking, and hoping, that someone, somewhere, will develop an email program that doesn't constantly irritate.
I am not a programmer, and am too old to start to learn to be one. Couldn't we, as a user group, pool enough resources to pay a knowledgeable programmer to iron out those issues that never seem to get fixed?
I am sure that there are others out there like myself, who basically like the program, but are worn out with issues that make it very unfriendly to use, at times.
Would anyone like to take on the task of fixing it? I would be happy to contribute.
Please respond with any positive ideas!
DanRaisch

Re: Let's hire a fixer for all these issues!

Post by DanRaisch »

There are programmers working on Thunderbird but without more detailed information on what you experiencing there's no way to know if the work being done will address your problems. Based on your past reports, some of your issue sounds like a difference between your expectations and the way the program is intended to work.
What, specifically, are the problems you are seeing?