Thunderbird Email Address

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
john bull

Thunderbird Email Address

Post by john bull »

My Thunderbird account works fine, but it has the same address as my OE6.
Replies sent to Thunderbird are showing in OE6 ?

Surely this is not right and Thunderbird should have a different address. Also I cannot get into my account details, it keeps saying "An account with this name already exists. Please enter a different account name".
Please help.
Thank you
UTRINQUE PARATUS
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird Email Address

Post by DanRaisch »

No, Thunderbird doesn't have a unique address of its own. It's an email client, like Outlook Express, so it can access only accounts already existing on the servers of an email provider.
When does that error message appear? (What menu path are you using when it appears?)
john bull

Post by john bull »

DanRaisch wrote:No, Thunderbird doesn't have a unique address of its own. It's an email client, like Outlook Express, so it can access only accounts already existing on the servers of an email provider.
When does that error message appear? (What menu path are you using when it appears?)
When I logon image 1 comes up. I hit the "X" and carry on.
Image 1
When I go to Tools>Account settings and click any item, image 2 comes up.
Image 2

Value your comments that this is normal or not.
UTRINQUE PARATUS
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In the first dialogue, you can choose to set Thunderbird as the default email client for Win XP. If you don't wish to do that, if you prefer to have Outlook Express 6 as the default, uncheck "Always perform this check...." and then click on the "Skip Integration" button.

As to the second dialogue, click the OK and change the value in the "Account Name" field to "Local Folders". Then exit that settings dialogue.
john bull

Post by john bull »

DanRaisch wrote:In the first dialogue, you can choose to set Thunderbird as the default email client for Win XP. If you don't wish to do that, if you prefer to have Outlook Express 6 as the default, uncheck "Always perform this check...." and then click on the "Skip Integration" button.

As to the second dialogue, click the OK and change the value in the "Account Name" field to "Local Folders". Then exit that settings dialogue.
Thank you so much Dan, I did all you said and it worked fine. I can now see all the account data.
Sorry to trouble you, but I am sure glad I did.
John
UTRINQUE PARATUS
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No trouble at all, John. Glad that we could help.