Problems accessing BT Yahoo mail

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Bill in London

Problems accessing BT Yahoo mail

Post by Bill in London »

I have just returned from a three week break. I have been accessing emails (BT Yahoo Mail) while away, using my mobile phone and tablet. However, upon my return, when I tried to access messages from my PC using Thunderbird on Windows 10, I get this message. "The DELE command did not succeed. Error marking a message as deleted. Mail server mail.btinternet.com responded: Too many requests." There is still plenty of room left for messages in my server. I can't find any help online, so I'd be grateful for any wisdom, please. Many thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: Problems accessing BT Yahoo mail

Post by tanstaafl »

The yahoo POP server periodically has temporary compatibility problems with Thunderbird. Usually its fixed (by yahoo) within a few days. The IMAP server seems to have less problems.
Bill in London

Post by Bill in London »

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.
That suggests there's nothing for me to do but wait patiently. However, if you think that's not the case, and that there is something I should do, please let me know.
Thanks again.
Bill in London

Post by Bill in London »

I have been in touch with the BT Yahoo helpline. They said, "I would advise you to delete the account from thunderbird and then add once again, please check and let me know if you face any issues." Do you think this is a good way forward? Can I do this, while still keeping my existing emails and contacts? Thanks.