How can I stop Outlook filtering junk?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
SandyW

How can I stop Outlook filtering junk?

Post by SandyW »

I have an Outlook email address (.msn.co) and for very many years have used Thunderbird with this address - no problems worth the mention. Recently it seems the Outlook junk filter has been made tighter and it now filters out the occasional email that I want to receive. I have the Outlook junk filters set at their minimum strength but I really want to receive everything and let Thunderbird do the filtering. Otherwise I have to check Outlook regularly which would be a pain.

How do I stop Outlook filtering junk?
DanRaisch

Re: How can I stop Outlook filtering junk?

Post by DanRaisch »

That's really a question to ask of the folks supporting Outlook. I don't see any settings in the Outlook.com options that would turn off their junk/spam assessment.
SandyW

Post by SandyW »

Dan, thanks for the quick reply. I have indeed searched Outlook support etc and tried asking them the question. I do not seem to be the only one with junk mail issues in Outlook but no one (yet) seems to have a useful answer to my issue - either, "Sorry, it can't be done." or, "Do this." Thus an approach to Thunderbird since this forum gives direct answers. However, I'm trying a few tricks of my own.

Sandy
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, if the filtering is taking place on the Outlook side it's before Thunderbird has accessed the messages so there would be nothing that TB can do about it.