Thunderbird Theme Font Size Changer

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird Theme Font Size Changer

Post by DanRaisch »

Again, not seeing that here. I'm running Thunderbird 52.6.0 under Win 10 and using Theme Font & Size Changer for Thunderbird 64.1 by Baris Derin. The "last updated" date on the version I have is January 19, 2018, not January 15, and TB hasn't crashed here in several months.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

equoox wrote:Don't want to risk causing problems with Thunderbird with a dodgy extension
Before we go around just bad-mouthing every one of the few T/Bird extensions still about, have you considered that it is Thunderbird that is dodgy?

Like the same Thunderbird that has the extensions prefs/options bug and who was asking us recently to adjust our stuff to it?

There's one of those 'Issues' links in Builds somewhere, it's probably that which is giving you this problem.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
equoox

Post by equoox »

Not had any other issues with Thunderbird so can only speak as I find. Also having noted the warnings as per my post of 1025, this morning.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

equoox wrote:Not had any other issues with Thunderbird so can only speak as I find.
You also haven't got any other extensions either.

I'd use the guy's Support link and contact him direct, if I was you, before they speak as they find as well. It'll be something minor.

Here's the link I mentioned, but it looks like their prefs dialogs problem is on later versions. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
equoox

Post by equoox »

Kind of you to post that, but it looks way too complicated for my poor old head to cope with.
Theme and Font Size Changer worked well on the old Windows 7 PC, but not with this Windows 10 one.
Thunderbird is working perfectly and that is the important thing. Adjusting Windows 10 itself, namely the System > Settings > Display > Scale and Layout has made the text size bigger and easier to see in Thunderbird, which has helped and that will do me for now.