I now have 2 Personal Address Books... I'd like only one

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Shammo

I now have 2 Personal Address Books... I'd like only one

Post by Shammo »

I installed TB on my new Linux Mint install, thinking that I could just import the old address book .csv from the previous version. Of course that back up was called Personal Address Book as well. In TB I can delete the imported one but not the original one that has only a few entries.

Other than copying them all over manually is there a way to import the new file and ditch the original one?

I'd just like to clean things up a bit and not have instances of the same thing.

Thanks.

Shammo
DanRaisch

Re: I now have 2 Personal Address Books... I'd like only one

Post by DanRaisch »

Close Thunderbird and navigate to the profile folder -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
Locate the files with the extension .mab. There should be three in your profile, one named abook.mab, one named history.mab, and the third might be called abook-1.mab or perhaps something else. Rename abook.mab to OLDabook.mab and rename the third file to abook.mab. Launch Thunderbird and see if your Personal Address Book contains all of the imported data.
Shammo

Post by Shammo »

Hi Dan,

It would have helped if I had said I am using Linux Mint 18.3....that aside I got it sorted and its working fine now, I was a able to delete the extra PAB so now I have just one.

Many thanks,

Shammo
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.