Auto convert web addresses?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
rykr

Auto convert web addresses?

Post by rykr »

Is there an option or addon to automatically create a link when I type http://blahblah.blah ?
makaiguy

Re: Auto convert web addresses?

Post by makaiguy »

No need. It will be converted to a link when sent. It is not 'linkified' when composing the message to make it easier to edit. View your 'Sent' copy of the message to verify.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
rykr

Post by rykr »

Confirmed. Thanks for letting me know that.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Actually, I gave the 'quick and dirty' answer the first time, as typing on my tablet's virtual keyboard is such a pain. Now that I'm at my desktop with a regular keyboard ...h

What I said before applies when you send a message in HTML format, which is what most of us do these days.

If you send in plain text, it just sends the URL in plain text. But I don't think there is still an email client around that, when it receives a plain text message with a URL in the text, doesn't automatically format it as a clickable link when displaying the message.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers