Removing hi-lighted entries and also MozBackup

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
willythecat

Removing hi-lighted entries and also MozBackup

Post by willythecat »

Bear with me on this one.
I'm trying to clean up my TB account, and am making some progress, albeit slowly, but really haven't a clue with all the jargon.
When l login, my email address is hi-lighted in the left pane, followed by its sub folders. Ok, that part l get.
Then l get Local Folders hi-lighted immediately followed by Recipes hi-lighted (ooh er).
Just don't use any of these but can l delete them, can l *ell!
So, how do l delete them (in layman's terms please).
I also use MozBackup on a regular basis to backup both Thunderbird and Firefox.
Does this program actually save my emails or should l in fact be using something else?
Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: Removing hi-lighted entries and also MozBackup

Post by DanRaisch »

Then l get Local Folders hi-lighted immediately followed by Recipes hi-lighted (ooh er).
You don't want to delete Local Folders as it's an integral part of Thunderbird's structure. Messages that, for whatever reason, can't be sent at the time they are composed and intended to be sent will wind up in the folder "Outbox" located under Local Folders. You'll want access to that folder to complete the sending process should that happen.

If you wish, you can hide Local Folders as noted in that link above.

As for "Recipes", we don't know what that is as it's not part of TB itself. It may be a Newsgroup account that you can delete using menu path Tools->Account Settings->located that name in the left hand (account list) pane->click on the name "Recipes" and then click on the "Account Actions" button at the bottom of that list pane.

MozBackup is still used by some people but it no longer being developed or supported. You can easily copy the entire Thunderbird profile as a way to backup the data -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
willythecat

Post by willythecat »

Thanks DanR for the prompt reply, so sorry l didn't reply sooner.
Don't ask me how, but l managed to add "recipes" sometime previously.
Followed your instructions, and it has now gone (yipee) so just forget "Recipes".
Will keep the Local Folders as you say.
For now, will still use MozBackup but will make sure it's the latest version.
Many thanks for your help.
Kind Regards
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.