2 section not 3

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
tanstaafl

Re: 2 section not 3

Post by tanstaafl »

"PS: I hope it's not true that Mozilla isn't going to survive much longer ever since version 57. It hasn't been good for Firefox and that Chrome will finish them off. I don't care for Google"

I'm not aware of any reason to worry about Mozilla going away. They seem to have a good revenue stream (changing default search providers as needed etc.) . Their 2016 revenue increased 24 percent to an all-time high of $520 million. Firefox's market share has dropped a lot but they're still one of the most popular browsers. They don't need to have the most popular browser to accomplish their goals.
Paul905

Post by Paul905 »

Kids nowadays seem to know more and my nephew said they've about 8% of the market and it has dropped after version 57. And his friends when they come over always say to me why I'm still using Firefox. I tell them because I like it much better than Chrome, I don't like Google. I hope you're right I don't want to look also for a new browser
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Streaming video web sites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu only support a few browsers (based on market share). This is usually IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. The time to worry would be when they don't support Firefox.
Paul905

Post by Paul905 »

tanstaafl wrote:Streaming video web sites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu only support a few browsers (based on market share). This is usually IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. The time to worry would be when they don't support Firefox.
Well, I hope you're right. The only other browser I been messing around a little is Palemoon because it's so much like Firefox