New folder should appear in Move To - Recent

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Origdogfish

New folder should appear in Move To - Recent

Post by Origdogfish »

Greetings
New to Thunderbird and just getting it dialed in to my liking.
It occurred to me that when one makes a new (sub)folder the reason may be that one intends to move something there.
The new folder should therefore be found under Move To - Recent.
For instance I just received a confirmation email for this forum, made a new folder but had to scroll through my list of folders to move the email. It would be convenient if recently created folders were to appear in the "Recent" list.
Thanks for your time and attention
-Jim
tanstaafl

Re: New folder should appear in Move To - Recent

Post by tanstaafl »

The developers don't read the posts in these forums, or the official support forum. You could file a bug report at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org setting the priority to feature request, but realistically the odds are it will be ignored due to the sheer number of bug reports.

On my system with TB 60.4 it appears there is a cache of 15 folders (Including all inboxes) that is used for the list of recent folders. It's not clear what the logic is for whats a recent folder since it doesn't includes the last three folders that I opened, includes several folders that haven't been opened for days, and includes folders I don't think I have copied/moved messages to for years.

See if you might be interested in using the QuickFolders add-on. If you are perhaps you could convince the author of the QuickFolders add-on to add that feature. The add-on adds a recent folders drop down to a current folder bar so what you'd be lobbying for is related to something he already does.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... d-folders/
Origdogfish

Post by Origdogfish »

Thanks tanstaafl

I just installed Quickfolders and will look into it.

Unfortunately, I have already created tons of local folders and moved accumulated antique emails from my MSN account. Making folders and moving new emails into them won't be quite the annoyance that getting set up was.

-Jim
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »